Bay Point to lock,thanks Everetts

• leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Fished from Bay Point park upriver Sunday early am.Sheepie’s biting crawlers one walleye also crawler.Our thanks go out to Everetts resort we broke a blade on the prop and they loaned us tools to replace it.Caught the one walleye across from the resort on the flat there 10 ft of water.Tried trolling spinner rigs no luck,tried leechs and nothing doing,put on a crawler and sheepie on. Oh well first time in this area and fishing can only get better.Anyone else doing anything?? A lot of very large ships going by up there.Will pleasure boating taper off after 1st of September???i’ll be back on the water next weekend and the search will continue.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Well, you had better luck than I did. We fished from Colville Park up to the dam on Friday evening pulling plugs along rip rap shorelines. Never had a bite. Messed with some smallies and whites that were crashing bait fish on the shore. Couldn’t get them to bite either. I can honestly say I’ve never seen so much bait fish in my life. It’s no wonder why Pool 4 has such fast growing fish. I’ll see you all this saturday…..

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

leinieman, yes the end is near. As soon as the kids head off to school there will be a noticable drop in oceanliner traffic. By the end of Sept, the fishing boats well outnumber the pleasurecraft!! Can’t wait.

waterfowler…..sorry my pointer didn’t work out for you. Don’t feel bad. There were a lot of guys scratching thier heads this weekend. The bite can only get better!

J.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Ditto! My boat got pounded this weekend in the same area. I thought that only happened up by the Croix! This was the worst I have seen it on pool 4 for traffic.

Tuck

kooty
    Keymaster

I think it may have been the fisherman?? Plus, this time of year we are fairly handi-capped, then add second time on this stretch of river. Not likely I was going to succeed. Guess what though. I was able remember the spots James and I fished last spring. I wasn’t sure I would remember them. I’ll be back on Saturday to give it another whirl….

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

Not to mention the inconsiderate joe that came up into us fisherman pulling a skiier!!! and cut a trough of water that nearly came over the side of my lund…..guess Pepin musta been crowded for skiing on Sunday ??

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Was that the kid on the wake board? He did a flip next to our boat, and biffed big time in front of Everetts!

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

by “KID” I suppose you mean StillaKID?? yeah… that would be just like him!! LOL….. or else maybe a jetski!

JK!

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

Yes I think that is what he was on, looked like one ski to me but might have been a board, kinda wide. The pulling boat had a tall pilon in it some bracing holding it up.

kooty
    Keymaster

Has anyone ever considered carrying a paint ball gun along just for the fun of it. I’ve had skiiers try to fill the boat at diffterent times. Ya, it’s all fun and games, but what about the time he wrecks into the side of my boat???? You here it every year……. Maybe a few paint balls would keep them out of harms way.

dinosaur
    South St. Paul, Mn.

We have had pleasure boaters close enough to hit with a long oar. Problem with that is some lawyer will argue that an oar is a deadly weapon. Instead of a paintball gun we have considered water balloons , but I would be the one to get a ticket for littering.

kooty
    Keymaster

I guess you’re right…. I’ll think of something that is crafty and sneaky to keep those guys away. Maybe I’ll have my spare rod laying close with husky jerk on and just happen to cast in his direction????? LOL It would be worth the 4.50 to see the husky hanging off the back of his life jacket, wait…I think I got one…..SET THE HOOK!!!! You know fireline doesn’t have any stretch either. LOL

I’ll bet you one dollar you can’t pull him off his skiis!!!!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I prefer the VERY LOUD FOUL-MOUTH approach. Works every time!!

J.

dinosaur
    South St. Paul, Mn.

What about the three great looking women that were in the 25′ Formula that almost swamped us last week while we were fishing. Hard to curse them even as they drove to within 20′ of us. The worst part is that we were trolling close to shore and they had 300′ of river to use.

Anonymous

Glad to see Im not the only one who gets frustrated out there with all the rudeness. Its crazy. Thats why I like fall so much its fun to watch the die hard (pleasure boaters) all huddled together around the camp fire when the first cold snap comes in and ruins their weekend! The other day I was trolling near the main channel and had two lines out and started reeling one line in because it had weight on it, some guy in a jetski pulls up right next to my boat and just sits there waiting to see if I had a fish or not, didnt say hi or anything, then when he saw it was just a stick, he took off and proceded to cut right in front of another boat. Dinosaur, that must have been tough on you. You want to wave at the gals but at the same time you realize your boats getting pummeled into the shoreline!

Steve HougomFTR Webstaff

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

We have a very cooperative DNR officer in our area who just loves to issue citations for recklessness and such. I had a 30′ yacht nearly swamp me last year, ran between me and another guy 40′ away from me at half throttle. This other guy pulled out a cell phone and called his buddy, the DNR man. Later he gave me the scoop on what he was doing. DNR and water patrol can issue warnings for any complaints they recieve and put these morons on notice they are being watched! It really does help if you can find an officer who likes to fish and has been buzzed by bozos a few times! Only problem with this is sometimes they are going too fast to get the boat reg. numbers! Then it’t time for the loud cursing and fist shaking!

kooty
    Keymaster

Dino,

One thing about that hot spell we had, the scenery around the river improved 10 fold. So I’m biased about who can swamp me…….I still think a paint ball gun would be fun and challengeing. Those jet skiiers are quick little boogers.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.