Pool 2 over the weekend?

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Anyone get out on pool 2 over the weekend. Wasnt able to make it myself but sure am missing the river. Anyone got a report?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Wondering the same. Anyone have the scoop they’re willing to share? I have some open time this week and I’m trying to decide between Mille Lacs (again), Upper Miss for smallies or pool 2.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

I got my butt kicked today

Did much better on Monday. I wanna see that water temp tank another 10-degrees

JasonP
    Twin Cities

not me…I was up at Leech.

JasonP
    Twin Cities

gettin my butt kicked there instead…

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

I got down there this morning right after sunup. It looked slow. Gary reported a 21″ Walleye and some Sheepies. I thought this might be the last of the warm-water fly fishing for the year so I took the flyrods and looked for some Smallies. I found a few here and there, best fish was right at 17.5 inches.

James you want to get down there this week? Let me know.

Rootski

greg_r
    Woodbury MN

Been making a steady run of guide trips for the last few weeks on P-2. The flow and level seems to be slowly decreasing and making it harder to find spots with flow. Points, 1st wingies for tossin cranks has put the best pattern as of late. Some trolling sand flats has also produced with Thursday having a good Creek chub bite. Today was slower that the last few but we did manage around a dozen nice eyes on my half day trip. Guess from one extreme to the other on the water flow so I’m hopin for a little rain and some colder temps soon. Some nice eyes are showin up in key spots where there’s a good push of water around or over some structure.

katmando
    Ramsey,MN pool 2, St.croix river

Rainy river for sturgies was fun this weekend. Landed some monsters

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Glad to hear there are still a few fish going down there. How big is that one Jake is holding? Nice looking fish.

With conditions looking to hold about the same threw the weekend I would predict the fishing will hold about the same to. Might just be a good slug fest of medium sized fish for saturdays contest with anyone getting into a decent fish or two having a good shot at taking it. But then again as in many fishing contest there is always someone that seems to stumble into them good.

Looking forward to seeing many of you guys on Saturday.

fishdale

Quote:

I got my butt kicked today

+1 Would like to see a little rain and the flow to come up. Getting hard to find any sort of decent current seams.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

I went out for a couple hours last evening. Crawlers are still producing a few fish including a 23″ and 25″er. Cranks were slow for me producing only one 17″ sauger. The sheepsters went nuts before dark on the last wingdam I fished. Channel cats are still biting along with a few white bass.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Quote:

+1 Would like to see a little rain and the flow to come up. Getting hard to find any sort of decent current seams.

One thing about a low flow, if this continues, is that it makes for a nice dragging bite. Getting the electric trolling motor down and doing some dragging isn’t a bad way to go.

dd

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.