Uncut Angling Panoptix video

• arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

I thought this video was a great explanation of Panoptix.

tpmorgz
    Central Iowa

That is great. I like that guy.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Why hasn’t a major sponsor scooped this kid up?

Neal Keeling

Wow great video. Uncut hits it out of the park again. Great explanation with the ability to show what panoptix is and what it is capable of.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

That was an eye opener, great explanation.

FryDog62

I’ve been in about every big box store locally that sells Garmin and that video explanation goes about 10 chapters beyond what the clerks there know about Panoptix.

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

FryDog62, have you used Panoptix on open water much?

papaperch

Got into bit of a debate with Vexilar , Marcum and other flasher owners. Their lack of knowledge panoptix was astonishing. In retrospect very few anglers that came to my two fishing garage sales knew very little .

One replied he could do same thing by turning his transducer at a 45 degree angle.

I have used a PS 30 and PS 21 on boat and without a doubt. It is the most effective fish finder I have ever used. Pretty pictures it does NOT do. All it does is find fish.

Picture a shoreline with a bunch of blow downs lying in water. By running parallel to shore with my PS 21 pointed towards that shore. One pass determines where to fish that particular day.

Ice fishing on almost any pond. two or three holes and I know exactly where I want to fish.

The ONLY drawback is the cost. If you could go with a good fishing guide on every trip. What would that be worth ? That is the question only you can answer.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Those weren’t major sponsors at the end?

munchy
    NULL

He has some major sponsors, though most other big-name sponsors probably would require more of him hawking their goods. If you’re talking about TV, I’m sure he just likes doing his own thing at his own pace. If he got into some big tv contract he’d have a schedule to keep. Right now on YouTube he can go months between videos. Seems like he’s more interested in quality not quantity.

JoeMX1825
    MN

because if he was signed on with major sponsors we would never be blessed with video segments like “Red Chair Swing” or Drone fishing…

in all seriousness I think I saw a video of him answering the question about why he doesn’t go bigger, I believe his answer was “He loves what he’s doing and isn’t tied down to a set schedule or rules”

He’s a blast to watch and has an uncanny ability to teach and entertain at the same time.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Aluma Craft
    Manitoba
    Shimano
    G Loomis
    FXR Outdoors (Whatever that is)

Guys like him and BlacktipH, Lake Fork Guy, etc have mastered the art of online media and probably make a good living doing what they love on their schedule. I have to imagine there is a lot less pressure, especially if you compare it to what IDO does every winter.

blank

Aluma Craft
    Guys like him and BlacktipH, Lake Fork Guy, etc have mastered the art of online media and probably make a good living doing what they love on their schedule. I have to imagine there is a lot less pressure, especially if you compare it to what IDO does every winter.

Its amazing what those YouTubers can make. I enjoy Uncut Angling the Pantopix video was a great explanation. One fishing YouTuber I can’t understand the popularity is 1rod1reel. I tried watching a couple of videos of him and wow, is he annoying and tough to watch.

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

Got into bit of a debate with Vexilar , Marcum and other flasher owners. Their lack of knowledge panoptix was astonishing. In retrospect very few anglers that came to my two fishing garage sales knew very little .

One replied he could do same thing by turning his transducer at a 45 degree angle.

I have used a PS 30 and PS 21 on boat and without a doubt. It is the most effective fish finder I have ever used. Pretty pictures it does NOT do. All it does is find fish.

Picture a shoreline with a bunch of blow downs lying in water. By running parallel to shore with my PS 21 pointed towards that shore. One pass determines where to fish that particular day.

Ice fishing on almost any pond. two or three holes and I know exactly where I want to fish.

The ONLY drawback is the cost. If you could go with a good fishing guide on every trip. What would that be worth ? That is the question only you can answer.

papaperch, which locators do you have?

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Dude is rock solid and just sold about a four thousand of these with that video.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

One fishing YouTuber I can’t understand the popularity is 1rod1reel. I tried watching a couple of videos of him and wow, is he annoying and tough to watch.

There are more bad ones than good.

FryDog62

I started using it some end of last year and by no means an expert. But have enough to be dangerous, drop-shotting last year was a ton of fun. Alot more things I want to do with Panoptix this coming year.

If you’re shopping for one and have specific questions Eric B at Skeeter in Ramsey, he knows his stuff. They install correctly too, which I found out can make a big difference.

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>arcticm1000 wrote:</div>

I started using it some end of last year and by no means an expert. But have enough to be dangerous, drop-shotting last year was a ton of fun. Alot more things I want to do with Panoptix this coming year.

If you’re shopping for one and have specific questions Eric B at Skeeter in Ramsey, he knows his stuff. They install correctly too, which I found out can make a big difference.

Right on, Thanks. I plan on checking them out at the NW Sports show on Thursday. I was thinking about getting a new Helix, but after watching the videos on the Panoptix I am wondering if that is a better direction to go.

papaperch

In response to which FF I am using Use a GPSMAP 1040XS on boat. A ECHOMAP CHIRP 92 for on the ice.

Boat has the PS 30 installed on transom for down vu live. Trolling motor has the PS 21 mounted on it. This provides the live vu forward.

FryDog62

“Right on, Thanks. I plan on checking them out at the NW Sports show on Thursday. I was thinking about getting a new Helix, but after watching the videos on the Panoptix I am wondering if that is a better direction to go.”
    [/quote]

Well… actually I have both. Helix at the console to link with my trolling motor – follow the contour, take me to waypoints, spot-lock, etc. And Garmin/Panoptix at the front once you get to your spot to find the fish.

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

papaperch, sounds like a nice setup. Thanks for sharing the details.

FryDog62, I guess you have the best of both worlds. Sweet!

Whateverbites

Anyone use this for open water targeting bass? I assunme the limitation would be difficult or impossible to see bass in or next to weeds if they are not suspended? anyone have any real world attempt at seeing bass in or around weeds?

FryDog62

Anyone use this for open water targeting bass? I assunme the limitation would be difficult or impossible to see bass in or next to weeds if they are not suspended? anyone have any real world attempt at seeing <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>bass in or around weeds?

Yes, it helps to have separation for sure. Sometimes I’ll go to a known high percentage spot and just watch for awhile in spot-lock mode. Fish generally move so if you’re patient you might see something eventually move out or above weeds… not always, and you have to be patient and that’s a hard thing for me.

I remember a time last year I was watching Panoptix under a swim raft I had caught fish under before. Was staring at the bottom under it where there were some weeds… looking for movement. Eventually something moved but near the surface from behind the swim ladder. Tossed the wacky worm that direction and boom 20 incher!

So I stand behind my statement that Panoptix can make an average hack like me look good (lucky) once in awhile – – it’s not perfect but it does give you an edge often enough that I wouldn’t want to fish without it now.

Attachments:
    1. ADACE0FB-EC23-4578-9815-4882A4E23D65.jpeg

I’m sure Garmin is talking to him after Humminbird dropped him, he used have Humminbird as a sponsor but I’ve noticed the last few videos, that disappeared

munchy
    NULL

I’m sure Garmin is talking to him after Humminbird dropped him, he used have Humminbird as a sponsor but I’ve noticed the last few videos, that disappeared

He kinda badmouthed Humminbird about their ice pack battery life on Facebook a month or two back.

Attachments:
    1. 84DF34FA-58CB-473D-A94D-6D4C40B3C7E2.jpeg

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’m sure this video didn’t help his ‘Bird sponsorship, but it sure helps his credibility with his fans imo…

FryDog62

Saw Aaron Wiebe walking around the Sportshow yesterday… anyone know if he was he a presenter or working a booth..?

CBMN
    North Metro

Fry
    Wiebe is working with alumacraft. Might have a seminar also but not sure on that.

Whopper Stopper
    Forest Lake MN

I spent 15 minutes visiting with him at the show yesterday. What a personable professional within the fishing industry.

WS

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.