Uncut Angling Panoptix video

• gonefishin

I was fishing the wing dam on P4 where the Cannon drops in last fall. I had been out for half a day trying to catch walleye/sauger. In stead only had a few small mouth caught on the upstream side of the dam, pitching to the dam.

Some folks were vertical jigging behind the dam and catching a few saugers. After they left I moved and shortly after some guy (Chris S.) comes flying up the river in a bass boat and pulls in next to me. He makes 4 casts and catches 3 walleyes.

Turns out Chris had panoptix and just pitched his bass plastics to the fish he was marking.

I would love to have for ML Smallmouth.

munchy
    NULL

Aluma Craft
    Manitoba
    Shimano
    G Loomis
    FXR Outdoors (Whatever that is)

Guys like him and BlacktipH, Lake Fork Guy, etc have mastered the art of online media and probably make a good living doing what they love on their schedule. I have to imagine there is a lot less pressure, especially if you compare it to what IDO does every winter.

Looks like you can add Garmin to his list of major sponsors now as well. Good for him!

From the credits of his latest video from Wisconsin.

Attachments:
    1. 6230165C-277D-4333-B085-D58041310DF9.png

shady5

I know this is about Garmin, but commenting on Aaron; I fished a few weeks ago with a guy in Winnipeg that knows him well. He said what you see is what you get; no TV personality ego or corporate sell-out stuff. I get you have to promote your sponsors, but some guys are shameless. Sounds like a pretty genuine guy.

FryDog62

“Turns out Chris had panoptix and just pitched his <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>bass plastics to the fish he was marking.

I would love to have for ML Smallmouth.”

My name is Chris, I have a bass boat, and I will be fishing ML for smb as soon as the season is open. Will let you know if I have an open seat ;)

Cameron white

Aaron speaks his mind, and will not pander to his sponsors. He believes in putting out the truth about products, not keeping his sponsors happy. He is very well respected here in Manitoba. Search for his video of him taking apart his YouTube award and using it as a lure.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

We are all idealistic when young. The test will come when he is older, married, kids, house boat truck payments. There are VERY,VERY few in the world that the almighty dollar hasn’t had it’s way.

toast Heres to hoping he is the one in a million that can stay true to his beliefs. toast

blank

“Turns out Chris had panoptix and just pitched his <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>bass plastics to the fish he was marking.

I would love to have for ML Smallmouth.”

My name is Chris, I have a <em class=”ido-tag-em”>bass boat, and I will be fishing ML for smb as soon as the season is open. Will let you know if I have an open seat ;)

Yes! I too was thinking of smallies on ML when I watched that video. Keep me in mind if you do ever have an open seat. I’m not far from ML and can be flexible on short notice. wink

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Wow great video. How much does that setup cost?

Twins Guy
    NULL

$1800 for the ice setup (was on special for $1600 at the sportshow). $1000 for the pivoting (trolling motor mount) transducer alone. so cool but too much of a financial reach for me. i am thinking about upgrading to a garmin panoptix capable head unit for the quickdraw mapping capabilities (kinda like autochart live or sonarchart on the humminbird and lowrance units respectively). then down the road adding the panoptic ducer. But i imagine my head unit would be obsolete and there will be something even better (panoptix HD plus plus superlative) that I’ll need a couple years from now;)

gonefishin

Hey FryDog2,

Was that you on the river last fall or just a coincidence to have the same name? We talked a bit and left the river together to help load each others boats.

I have a cabin on ML and will be spending much of my summer up there. If possible let’s hook up.

FryDog62

Could have been me… my last day on the water was Sept 30… lost my younger bro tragically shortly thereafter and my mom right after that. Don’t remember much from there, was a blur. Really looking forward to spring and a new fishing season..

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.