We saw the fox yesterday

• crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

After my buddy bagged his turkey and we were heading home in rural northern Washington county, suddenly some chickens ran and tried to fly across the road. What in the world? Why did the proverbial chicken cross the road? In this case a fox ran out right after them. He looked a little mangy, but I’m not an expert in fox fur. Well, we turned down the side road to see what happened, and Mr. fox had a red hen in his chops and was giving her a shake under the pine boughs. She got away a minute later and he just sat watching her. Usually I picture a fox just grabbing and running off, not sure if it was size of chicken, or the fox was low energy. Anyways, at least the black chicken and the white chicken I saw double back and run towards the farmhouse. There was no one in sight to warn or inform.

LabDaddy1

Who let him into the henhouse?! Lol. Cunning creatures. I’d venture to say they’re more cat than dog! Nuisance is a nuisance, but I’ll still take a fox or two instead of a bothersome coyote pack or two any day. ‘Yotes can kiss me and my dog’s behinds. “This town ain’t big enough for both of ‘em.”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.