Twins 2024 Thread

• lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Season Opener in 2 days? Seems early to me thought it was always early April. Not complaining, play ball!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

No Thielbar, Topa or Duran to start the season. With all the off days they should be ok for awhile.

Buxton & Correa both have to stay healthy and produce, if so it will be a fun summer in Mpls.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Wow, the opener has really snuck up this year!

This BP might be better than last season looking at the roster. I see they got another lefty in the event Thielbar misses time so thats a plus. Ober and Varland really got rocked in their last couple starts so the back end of the rotation will likely be a work in progress.

Always liked Santana so we’ll see what he’s got left. I imagine he will get plenty of time at DH if Buston needs a day off.

PLAY BALL toast

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

They finished with the worse record in spring training. We will find out starting tomorrow if they can turn the switch on.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Dutch didn’t you post awhile ago asking who’s going to see Ohtani, because I believe the Twins play the Dodgers early this year?

Might want to go see the all-world superstar while you still can jester jester jester

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

First pitch of the season in a few minutes! Pablo Lopez on the hill for the Twins…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Royce Lewis starting this season off ok I guess…

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Safe to say Royce has arrived

eyeguy507
    SE MN

arrived for 2 innings anyway shock

hope its just an ankle sprain?

Ripjiggen

Seriously what happened? Not watching obviously.

Edit never mind saw it. This team is literally made of saw dust.

Looked high leg like coming around third.

Ripjiggen

I mean I played highly competitive softball for 20 years. Never once did I get hurt running bases or diving for a ball. Maybe they need to mix beer into their diets a bit. Just sayin. Like one or two before the game. A couple during and then 6 after. jester

JoeMX1825
    MN

Just got a report on my phone that its a quad strain…

JoeMX1825
    MN

New Rocco?

Motioned to the bullpen when he walked out to pull Pablo and Pablo talked him out of it, bullpen door closed… awesome!

Brittman

Royce is working his way to Buxton status – health wise.

Twins will have a good year if Royce can play 120+ games.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Did I miss something? Is Duran hurt? They keep talking about Jax getting the 9th?

eyeguy507
    SE MN

15 day stint with an oblique

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Weird not hearing Bremer call the game.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Weird not hearing Bremer call the game.

yes, but I like the new guy… Love Morneau as well…

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

They just said Lopez getting back to back opening day wins was the first time since Frankie V back in the mid 80’s. Hell some of you guys weren’t even alive then. grin

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Just got a report on my phone that its a quad strain…

Buxton won’t make it thru the first month.

Love Morneau as well…

Morneau sure took over for Bremer being the super homer and pumping the team up. Morneau also talks too much.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Morneau sure took over for Bremer being the super homer and pumping the team up. Morneau also talks too much.

Shut the radio and tv off and read about the game on-line or in the newspaper, you will be much happier.

slough

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Netguy wrote:</div>

Shut the radio and tv off and read about the game on-line or in the newspaper, you will be much happier.

If listening to Justin Morneau talk about baseball makes you unhappy, you have some issues.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Royce is working his way to Buxton status – health wise.

Twins will have a good year if Royce can play 120+ games.

At some point they need to look in the mirror and realize handling these guys with kids gloves is at least part of the problem. Not saying everyone needs to attempt to make runs at Cal Ripken’s record, but athletes need to push their bodies to keep them fit/prepared for the game which in turn keeps them healthy!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Personally I think these guys are in the gym too much and they are so strong they push their muscles and ligaments past their capacities. Also, baseball was never a sport where you needed to be bulky and have big muscles. When I was in a D1 college program they limited our gym time because at that time they believed big muscles would actually hinder your swing and throwing mechanics.

Not saying I’m right but makes you wonder. Either way, hopefully Lewis is only gone for a month tops and same with Duran. The good thing about Lewis is the Twins have one of the top prospects in baseball ready to fill in for him at St Paul.

hossfisher

The good thing about Lewis is the Twins have one of the top prospects in baseball ready to fill in for him at St Paul.

Nope, Lee’s out for the first few weeks with back spasms apparently. Likely a combination of Castro/Farmer at third base until Lewis’ return.

JoeMX1825
    MN

So no word on Royce today? That cant be good…

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Wheres our boy Miranda? He faded faster than a shooting star.

Ripjiggen

Pretty sure he can’t throw across the diamond at the moment.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Yeah his shoulder still isn’t 100%. He hit pretty well in spring though so I wouldn’t be shocked to see him back up at some point. Really sucks that Lee is hurt too. I never heard that. Really good to see Pablo still look like his 2023 form. Next up is Joe Ryan this afternoon. Hopefully he can take another step this season.

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 329 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.