Twins 2024 Thread

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Twins saying its a significant quad strain and he’s shutdown for a month before they re-evaluate….

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I don’t even know how that is possible with a professional athlete running the bases.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

I don’t even know how that is possible with a professional athlete running the bases.

I agree with Mahto and his opinion. Otherwise it doesn’t make sense for someone who’s toned, trimmed, and stretches nearly daily to get injured so easily.
    Tom Brady and his trainer I think had really covered this in his TB12 method fitness book. They talked extensively about being pliably strong but not overly muscular.
    Maybe the Twins need to pick up a couple copies.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Hayes is reporting in the Athletic Lewis could miss 2 months.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I read a tweet yesterday that the AVERAGE missed time for a quad strain is 30 days. Not too surprising here. Nice win today for the sqaud. Buxton showing off he still has his elite speed and came through in some big spots. It’s going to be one game at a time with this squad and injuries this year.

Umy
    South Metro

Seriously, maybe we. Edd to look into our training staff/regimen. Are we the only team that goes through injuries like this!?v

Ripjiggen

Seriously, maybe we. Edd to look into our training staff/regimen. Are we the only team that goes through injuries like this!?v

We already cleaned house in that department a couple years ago. Obviously that didn’t change things.
    It has to be an organization thing.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Mahto is right I think. To many weights, to much training. These guys never shut things down. Other than the Fat Kid and a few pitchers most of the Twins players are chiseled.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

These guys need to start drinking more beer, chewing and smoking heaters. Gone are the days of beer bellied pitchers throwing no hitters hungover.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Bring Herbie onto the coaching staff. Let him handle the post game meetings. toast

FryDog62

Mahto is right I think. To many weights, to much training. These guys never shut things down. Other than the Fat Kid and a few pitchers most of the Twins players are chiseled.

Have heard some of the minor leaguers doing “Plyometrics” as well and sustaining injuries. It focuses on explosive moves and “fast twitch” muscle development. That’s Lewis’ training regimen…

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Getting the wood laid to them today.

slough

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Umy wrote:</div>

We already cleaned house in that department a couple years ago. Obviously that didn’t change things.
    It has to be an organization thing.

Would be interesting to see data on how the Twins’ number of games lost to injury compares to other clubs. I’m sure that exists out there somewhere. I know Judge spent a good chunk of last year on the IL, Trout seems to spend a lot of time on it as well.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Getting the wood laid to them today.

thought they had a day off? looks like Ober was serving up steak today by the looks of the boxscore. So who is on tap to take the 4th and 5th spot in the rotation?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Ober will be ok. Everybody has a clanker once in a while.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I believe they were above average last season for games lost to injuries, but they weren’t at the top.

Ober was missing over the middle of the plate all day yesterday. Usually he’s got great control. Not too worried about him. He’s never going to be an ace but the first two seasons of his career he had a sub 4 era so I think he’ll be right around there again this season. The slow start from the offense has me worried more. They all look like Pedro Cerrano again this season. Can’t hit anything but a fastball.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

They were shut out a bunch of times in the preseason. I haven’t watched a game or seen a box score but I’m guessing they are flailing away and striking out at a high rate again.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Twins batters struck out 12 Thur, 6 Sat, and 12 Sun. Don’t know about swinging, flailing, or looking.

Looks like we’ve got Louie Varland starting Tuesday and Chris Paddack starting Wednesday.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Twins batters struck out 12 Thur, 6 Sat, and 12 Sun. Don’t know about swinging, flailing, or looking.

Looks like we’ve got Louie Varland starting Tuesday and Chris Paddack starting Wednesday.

Yes sir. Unfortunately as much as it drives me insane, with who’s in our lineup, there is always going to be a lot of strikeouts. I think we saw them cut it back on swinging for the fences at the the end of last season and it helped them quite a bit. Hopefully they’ll remember that sooner than later. I’m looking forward to watching Paddock. I know I’ve said it a lot, but I think he could be a really good starter for us.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

These guys need to start drinking more beer, chewing and smoking heaters. Gone are the days of beer bellied pitchers throwing no hitters hungover.

Bring Herbie onto the coaching staff. Let him handle the post game meetings. toast

Just when I think I’m out, they pull me back in…. rotflol rotflol jester rotflol rotflol

lindyrig79

Bats need to wake up. Looking pretty sleepy again so far today.

JoeMX1825
    MN

nice to see what a healthy Kirilloff can do…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Well the bats did finally wake up. Kiriloff showing again what he’s capable of if he can just stay healthy. That should basically be the Twins modo at this point. Man it’s frustrating. Paddock did about what I expected. Looked like a guy making his first start after TJ. I think he will get stronger and stronger as his command wasn’t great which is to be expected. Hopefully the bats show up to the home opener this afternoon. This Bibee kid is pretty good for Cleveland so it will be a good test.

Brittman

Twins bullpen has lived up to their hype. Starting pitching after #1 and #2 will hopefully get in their groove.

Twins have largely struggled against the opposing starting pitching but has made up for it in the late innings.

The number of Twins runners left in scoring position is impressive (or impressively disappointing) depending on how you look at it.

CaptainMusky

Should be a nice opening day for baseball for all who celebrate!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Ober was the only starter with a bad game first time through the rotation.

Baitwaster
    South metro

Bats, they are sick. I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, rum. He will come.

Attachments:
    1. bats-major-league.gif

JEREMY
    BP

Time to say F U Jobu and do it yourself.

lindyrig79

Happy Home Opener!

Viewing 30 posts - 151 through 180 (of 331 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.