TUCR New Rod The BULLWHIP

• Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

This winter is very unpredictable this year. Now that I have everything up and running with our WI office with this Rep agency, I’m swamped. Been turning away seminars and guiding…. December if we get early ice may have some potential. Come January, its Shot show, ATA, and all the other fall goods shows.

I keep my 40″ noodles under tight security. Very universal for the lightest of jigs up to about a W3. W5’s load them a little too much and harder to get a hook set in deeper water. I have 2 Falcon Cora’s that I would love to cut down and use the tip sections. Haven’t had the nerve yet to cut a $200 rod tip section off for a ice rod. If i stay this busy, I’ll probably have to tell John to find a couple identical action blanks and match what I want. I have 1 hole in my ice rod arsenal to fill. My 48″ walleye rods are not quite what I want and too stiff in the bottom 1/3. I need a few rods in the 40″ with a fast tip, and moderately slow taper. Not a noodle, but just a heavy step up, yet a fast tip. I have about 30 or so blanks here to experiment with, but no time.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Irott2003 Call John up at TUCR and he will talk with you on what way is the best direction for your style and what you are fishing for. You can go with the Quick tip and might need to shorten the tip or maybe the precision and factor in what length you like to fish with.

Its all about the name Tuned Up CUSTOM Rod, Custom made for you.

Frenchman
    West Central Indiana

Is the Bull Whip taking the place of the -2″ Precision Noodle?

tucrs
    NW Metro

No it does not. -2 noodle is very different than the bullwhip.

Bullwhip has a longer tip section.

Ross Stein
    big lake

I am stuck between buying the bullwhip and the precision noodle what is the side by side comparison and what does it mean a longer tip section on the bullwhip

tucrs
    NW Metro

Bullwhip is a slightly heavier noodle with a stronger backbone.

PN 3-4mm tungstens
    BW 5mm tungstens.

BW also doubles as a great light spoon rod.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.