Trolling motor

• billy03z71

Hey everybody,I have a 16ft alumacraft and I’m looking to put a bow mount on it. I’m trying to decide between a terrova 80# 60″( which could be used later on for a bigger boat) or the biggest power drive they offer which I believe was a 70# thrust? Either model I want it to be a 24v and have the I pilot with the updated version that the anchor lock works better on and has the jog feature. Besides the better deployment on the terrova and maby a slight thrust difference is the terrova worth the extra money? Thanks for any replies!

riverfishin11

I have a power drive v2 60ich 70lb thrust for sale it has foot pedal and sonar

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

I had powerdrives for years and once you get the motion of deploying it down it’s not that bad. Most people try to horse it.

billy03z71

I’m not to worried about the deployment, although easier is better, just any other features id be misisng out on with the powerdrive.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

No foot pedal with powerdrives with ipilot. I have an xi5 and never use the foot pedal.

billy03z71

Good point, wasn’t planning on using the foot control but I guess it would be a nice thing to have as a backup, would the terrova with i pilot come with a foot control?

blank

Do you muskie fish at all? Reason I ask is because I find it basically essential to use the foot pedal of my Terrova instead of the remote, because having to reach for the remote when doing a figure 8 or fighting a fish is a big PITA. And it helps that the Terrova’s foot pedal is so much better than the Powerdrive’s.

Even if you don’t chase muskies, I think it depends on how you use your trolling motor to determine which motor to get. If you don’t jump around to spots a lot and stow and deploy the motor often, then the easier deployment and spring assist for stowing on the Terrova may not be worth the extra coin.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Yeah they come with a pedal

billy03z71

Mainly fish for walleye and panfish, I will jump from spot to spot if it seems like I need to based on how the fishing is going!

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

You will enjoy the foot pedal if jigging or rigging with 2 rods.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.