Sponsors

• skeets
    Apple Valley,MN

I have been fishing the BFL for two years now and have had mild success. I am also starting a guide service up this spring. My question is how does one find the contacts to get sponsors for either tournaments or guiding? I have had sponsors before but the companies are so big I have trouble with being put on the back ,back,back burner! Makes fishing tough when you don’t have any rods to fish with. Any input greatly appreciated guys.

EAT SLEEP FISH
    (work is for those who have missed there true callling)
    SKEETS

davec
    St. Paul MN.

Skeets, I just saw an ad for Mike Iaconelli [How to be a bass pro in five years]I have not seen the video but it sounds interesting, because Mike was not a pro five years ago. The video is supose to cover how to get sponsers.

illinois

dave i believe last i seen it was only availiable in an audio tape so now he has it on video good deal

i remberd it was supposed to be in book form to did that fall threw?

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

It all depends on how good your resume is.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Skeets,sponsors want people who will work for them both on and off the water.Push and use their products.Give them honest feedback on what you do and don’t like about their stuff.
    Sponsors want people who are positive and keep their gear clean,also you are a “sales person” for them at all times.There is no room for being negative.It can be very tough to get a few sponsors to help with your start.Purefishing gets 100’s of anglers asking about sponsorship everyday.
    Best of luck to you,
    Ryan Hale

skeets
    Apple Valley,MN

Hey guys a really appreciate the responses. I have a pretty solid resume but the main problem I am having is getting in contact with reps and or anybody that deals with the sponsorships within the company. Anyone got any ideas on how to get in contact with the right people?

EAT SLEEP FISH
    ( work is for those who have missed there true calling)
    Skeets

onthewater
    Roanoke, Virginia

Skeets,

This is what I did.

I fished with RC Tackle and liked it, so I called them, and we worked out a sponsorship.

All Star Rods… I had written them a letter explaining that I was a guide and tournament angler. I also included my fishing resume.

Bass Cat and Pops Marine came together as when I got the sponsorship from Bass Cat, I was introduced to Pops Marine in VA as that’s where I’m moving to in June.

So, what did I do? I just kept knocking on doors. Some opened; some didn’t. I just kept knocking.

Speak and present yourself and your direction well, and you’ll do well attracting and maintaining sponsors.

Thanks,

davec
    St. Paul MN.

DustyT I saw it on http://www.bassresource.com click on featured articles then click on become better angler.It has some good articles.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.