Thinking of Buying a Otter Lodge.

• Curtis Shumaker

I am in the market for a new shack and have heard nothing but raving reviews of the Otter Xt Pro Lodge. With this warmer than usual winter I am wondering if I should hold off. I hate buying something if the next year they are rolling out a cool new design next year. Worried that it will be a while before its 4 wheeler weather and I am not looking forward to pulling this thing by hand. Just was looking for a little reassurance.

Kent Tau

I haul mines every where over a foot of snow by foot. I have no regrets getting an otter. Design is already at its best, why wait if you can land a deal. The only thing I would recommend is if you fish alone get the cottage instead.

prospector
    Wyoming

Hold out… For the RESORT!

Steve Thompson
    Sioux Falls, South Dakota

….am wondering if I should hold off. I hate buying something if the next year they are rolling out a cool new design next year…

This would be a great year to pick up the XT Pro Lodge. Lot of great refinements and changes to the Pro line this year. ThermalTec fabric shell, rear access door, grey sled with pre-located drill holes, and a new trim-lock design that allows you to adjust the fabric tension.

If you have any questions, shoot me a PM.

Kfactor

I just got one this year I recommend to get the lodge xt pro u won’t regret it. It could fish 3 ppl in it Easley . The only thing on my lodge they sewed one of the straps in the wrong spot

Curtis Shumaker

Thanks for all the replies. I think I am gonna just pull the trigger. I am just curious what you like about the resort, Prospector. I usually do pull with a 4 wheeler but only fish with one friend in the shack. I mostly run and gun honestly and the shack is just for super cold days and fishing into the evening. I currently fish out of a Frabill Predator non thermal. Love that shack and hate to sell it but with all the reviews on Otter I want to take a plunge into a Thermal shack to see what all the hub bub is about.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I am in the market for a new shack and have heard nothing but raving reviews of the Otter Xt Pro Lodge. With this warmer than usual winter I am wondering if I should hold off. I hate buying something if the next year they are rolling out a cool new design next year. Worried that it will be a while before its 4 wheeler weather and I am not looking forward to pulling this thing by hand. Just was looking for a little reassurance.

You’re throwing in the towel for this season already?

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

Curtis
    I purchased a XT Pro Lodge. I have not used it yet. Looking forward to using it.
    I would only consider pulling it with a ATV/UTV that is how I intend to pull mine. I would not want to pull by myself it is a very heavy portable.

I added LED lighting and other extras.

My only complaint is that the assembly instructions are poorly written. A very frustrating experience. Otter should produce a youtube video it would help alot.

But I m very impressed with the construction compared to competing products.

Curtis Shumaker

Eelpout guy- I am not throwing in the towel. Just was hoping to get ice before the first of the year. And in order to use this shack I will need 4 wheeler safe ice. Dont want to spend all that money for a couple of ice fishing trips and then have a better shack come out next year.

Benelli- Where did you put your LED lights? I have heard of guys mounting them in the sled to find things and also on the bars of the shack.

john zackery

I have an otter xt 650 and I put led strip lights on the poles.I recommend using silicone caulk to glue them to the poles. the adhesive on the lights isn’t all its cracked up to be. Oh and by the way I love my otter, pulls easy over snow and drifts!

I have an Otter XT 650 Lodge and for one guy with auger, electronics, minnows, rod box it is very hard to pull if ice is snow covered. I often pull with snowmobile but wish I would have went the next size down as I’m only fishing 2 guys and occasion child. As for quality, top notch over the competition. I did buy a Clam Kenai thermal one man this year for run and gun and pull by hand.

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

Eelpout guy- I am not throwing in the towel. Just was hoping to get ice before the first of the year. And in order to use this shack I will need 4 wheeler safe ice. Dont want to spend all that money for a couple of ice fishing trips and then have a better shack come out next year.

Benelli- Where did you put your LED lights? I have heard of guys mounting them in the sled to find things and also on the bars of the shack.

Curtis
    http://www.in-depthoutdoors.com/community/forums/topic/led-lights-and-more-to-otter-pro-lodge-1200/

Curtis Shumaker

Thank you for all your help. I am planning on picking mine up next weekend. After reading another post on here I am a little nervous about putting it together. Hoping to trick it out with lights in my free time. Thanks again to all.

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

Thank you for all your help. I am planning on picking mine up next weekend. After reading another post on here I am a little nervous about putting it together. Hoping to trick it out with lights in my free time. Thanks again to all.

Just make sure your in a relaxed state of mind and have a few beers and take your time you’ll figure it out. If you need any help feel free to PM me.

Putting the seats together and getting the fabric over the frame and adjusted are the tricky parts. I put Hyfax on mine that was pretty easy and ther is a you tube video someone did for the hyfax that offered a few pointers.
    Bob

andrew stanton

I highly recommend the otter. Quality second to none. I have a wild lodge that I fish alone in. The frame work is strong, the canvas is tough, the tub is bullet proof. You will be happy.

Luke Mickelson
    Argusville ND

I have the otter cabin. just got it this year. had it out last week and it’s great. no complaints.

Curtis Shumaker

So I took the plunge today about 1pm. I am the proud owner of the Lodge Pro. Love the way it looks and excited to it on the ice. I did the full package with hyfax, both tow bars, and the cover. They had the hitch pivot on sale so I thought if you are gonna go all out, go for it. Just have to attach the canvas to the sled now and I will be done. Looking to get that done tomorrow night. Thanks all for your help.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Love my xt1200 pro resort. It is the biggest and heaviest. It is sooooo warm and pulls so much better than my old quickflip3. Plenty of room!!

I just ran lights in mine….

Attachments:
    1. 20151208_174016.jpg

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Another photo

Attachments:
    1. 20151208_174032.jpg

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

More

Attachments:
    1. 20151208_174417.jpg

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Last

Attachments:
    1. 20151208_180112.jpg

smokinbobo
    Monticello / Guthrie, MN

Will the Lodge fit in the back of a standard bed Chevy Truck?

Curtis Shumaker

Yes. I put it in there for mine. The box on ours measured 78″ and the shack is 74. You have a little wiggle room…little key word.

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

Will the Lodge fit in the back of a standard bed Chevy Truck?

. Smokin just an FYI,but will rosebergs got a great deal on a lightly used lodge if your in the market for one its in the classifieds.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.