LED Lights and more to Otter Pro Lodge 1200

• benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

Hey guys I just finished finished adding LED lights and more to my new Otter 1200 Pro Lodge. As I do this I keep thinking of more accessories to add. In the video I added links of the items I used for the install.
    It is my first video so the production quality is in need of improvement. The lights are nice and even not too bright or too dark.
    Battery maybe more than I need but would rather have more than not enough.

I hope this helps
    Bob

PikeFishman
    St. Paul, MN

Awesome setup! Where’d you get the connector you used in the back of the Otter console? I’m looking for something similar for my setup

prospector
    Wyoming

Great job! I hope Otter does what Clam did a couple seasons ago. Clam sells a pole that has lights inside and becomes part of the tent frame. I bough some UV lights to light up rod tips at night. I enjoy shutting off the flasher at night sometimes and going old school. Tons of fun!

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

Great job! I hope Otter does what Clam did a couple seasons ago. Clam sells a pole that has lights inside and becomes part of the tent frame. I bough some UV lights to light up rod tips at night. I enjoy shutting off the flasher at night sometimes and going old school. Tons of fun!

Joe
    That does look interesting it is called a light stick. If Otter had this available I would give it serious consideration.
    Thanks
    Bob

trytoofish
    sw Mn.

this is what I used when I did my otter last year. it allows you to turn your lights on and off remotely with the key fob. cheap and worked out well.

one other thing is its not on and off only it dims and brightens the lights. I found that very handy. you set the level of light you need.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RF-Wireless-Remote-Controller-for-5050-3528-5630-Single-Color-LED-Strip-Lights-/221750507019?hash=item33a15c360b:g:nnoAAOSwcwhVL~yo

there may be other sellers this was the first one that popped up in a search

steuben1
    Indiana

Bob, great setup and nice job. I have had LED’s in my Otter Lodge for years now and wanted to give you a little tip. Go out and get yourself a roll of white athletic tape. Take that tape and put a single piece around those zip ties. The corner of those zip ties will lay your hand/finger wide open in the cold if you run your hand across them by accident. I found out the hard way.

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

Bob, great setup and nice job. I have had LED’s in my Otter Lodge for years now and wanted to give you a little tip. Go out and get yourself a roll of white athletic tape. Take that tape and put a single piece around those zip ties. The corner of those zip ties will lay your hand/finger wide open in the cold if you run your hand across them by accident. I found out the hard way.

Steuben
    Great idea thanks for the tip!!!

Al Case

Benelli Bob and Try too Fish….thanks for the links and ideas. Ordered and ordered.
    Al

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

The corner of those zip ties will lay your hand/finger wide open in the cold if you run your hand across them by accident. I found out the hard way.

The zip ties CAN be smooth as a babies butt if trimmed properly. Don’t trim them with sidecutters, don’t just hack the tag end off with a knife.

Use a sharp knife but bend the tag end away from the base of the zip tie while cutting the tag end flush with the base. If done properly, there should be nothing protruding beyond the base of the zip tie.

steuben1
    Indiana

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>steuben1 wrote:</div>
    The corner of those zip ties will lay your hand/finger wide open in the cold if you run your hand across them by accident. I found out the hard way.

The zip ties CAN be smooth as a babies butt if trimmed properly. Don’t trim them with sidecutters, don’t just hack the tag end off with a knife.

Use a sharp knife but bend the tag end away from the base of the zip tie while cutting the tag end flush with the base. If done properly, there should be nothing protruding beyond the base of the zip tie.

Dave I was referring to the “box” on the end of the zip tie, not the cut end. The place I snip them off has never cut me, it was the square portion of the tie that got me.

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

Benelli Bob,

I also found soldering those small connections to be a pain. I found these little connectors on Amazon and they are 100x easier to use.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MB9H9WU/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Won’t do you much good now, but will hopefully help someone else out.

Mozy
    Thank you!!!! Im buying some of those too just in case I need them. If I did it all over I would have used those.
    Thanks again
    Bob

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Dave I was referring to the “box” on the end of the zip tie, not the cut end. The place I snip them off has never cut me, it was the square portion of the tie that got me.

OK, understand what you are saying. The ones I’m most familiar with have nice rounded corners on the base/box. I guess I have seen some that do have a square corner. It might be helpful for anyone using them, to shop with that in mind.

ElFuegoOnIce

Very cool. Similar to the setup I put in my cottage. I did add a remote dimmer to mine. What size fuses did you use? I went with 10 amp blade fuses.

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

Very cool. Similar to the setup I put in my cottage. I did add a remote dimmer to mine. What size fuses did you use? I went with 10 amp blade fuses.

I went with 5 amp fuses but considering 2 amp fuses for each string of LED’s

Obi-Wan

Lots of great tips on here thanks fellas, I’ll be putting some lights in and these tips are going to help out big time.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.