things you have lost down a ice hole

• Coletrain27

last weekend i knocked the tv remote off the ledge and straight into a hole. luckily it was the last day of fishing for the weekend. i ordered a new one on amazon and will be attaching a float to this one jester what else has everybody lost?

jeff becker

This didnt happen to me but a friend of mine. In the same year he lost 2 coleman lanterns down the hole, and while he was trying to catch the second latern his cell phone went down the hole He never recovered any of the items

Loomis13
    NULL

Cell phone here. Didn’t even hit rim. Perfect swish. Fishing shallow and one of those old indestructible brick phones. Could see it light up on the bottom!!

catmando
    wis

Sometimes I get in a hurry, retie a lure, cut off a length of line, retie lure to the piece you just cut off, and drop the whole works. And watch it sink to the bottom. I have done this, let’s say more than once. DK.

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

A Big fish, Pliers, few Depth Bombs, a Nail Clipper, & a Fish Whistle. No phones for me, Yet…

My cousin has 4 phones scattered in three different lakes. Two in MilleLacs..

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Couple fish whistles always when no more are around. And cell phones. 3 phones in the last 5 years. My kids hot wheels lots of them. My kid kicked a rod down the hole last week. A little jigging rap and we got it back. A pair of Oakleys and a set of keys. I learned to quit using my chest pocket on my flannels or button them shut.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I witnessed this. We were at a concert and Lita Ford opened up for. Front row up against the stage with a premium view. She ripped a bell off her guitar strap and handed it to my buddy Pat.

He had kept it on a key ring. That winter we tip up fishing pike on a local lake. While tending to a flag, it came out of pocket and laid on the ice. When he pulled the puke up, his keys got tail slapped and down the hole it went

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

My sanity.

Reef W

About 5 years ago I lost an original Leatherman Wave from about 1996 or 1997 I’m guessing. It was on the bed in a sleeper. When I sat on the mattress it popped in the air and went straight down the hole. Bought a new one but the redesigned Wave is not nearly as good as the old ones were.

stevenoak

Fished with a guide that took a picture of a fish I caught. He dropped his cell phone down the hole. I fired my uw camera up and lowered it down the hole. Sure enough, straight to the bottom in 30′ of water. Think it was almost worse seeing it and not being able to do anything. Yeh, we tried to hook it. But you know how that worked out. Also saw another Fishermans auger bit come off and go down the hole. Haven’t we all lost an ice skimmer, or 3.

buck-slayer

After punching through ice I pulled up on auger only to lose my balance and realize my auger bit came off the drill and was disappearing down the hole. The set screw came out. Cell phone too.

toddrun

Back in the day, when Red Lake was the Crappie Factory, a buddy of mine and I ran down from LOTW to catch the late afternoon/evening bite. Well, we thought we were slow getting out, we were told the bite started at 5:15 sharp and we were starting to setup at 5:00. So we were in rush mode. Got holes drilled, the 2-man flip shack in place, rushing to get lines in the water. All of a sudden the florescent orange ice scoop goes flipping about 3 feet in the air, and right into a hole. We watched it sink to the bottom and could see it sitting down there. Well, bad story good, I think it attracted the Crappie in as we caught our 30 fish limit of 12+” Crappie in less than 15 minutes. Absolutely the best fishing outing I have ever had in my life.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Never lost a skimmer. Lighters, pizza cutter (after pizza at least), filet knife (one of my favorites of course), cheaters and a few other knives. I have only lost one combo down a hole, it was my bobber pole next to me laying across a bucket and a fish drug it under before I could get to it, at least it was a cheap combo. Never my phone but did drop my phone in the minnow bucket a number of years ago, still worked after it dried out. I did add a float to my keys this year just in case.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

A few years back a group of 6 of us were in a sleeper on Red. A buddy has an annoying, nagging wife that wouldnt leave him alone while he was up there. To get a break from her, he called her on another friends phone to lie to her saying he dropped his phone down the hole so he wouldnt be able to talk the rest of the weekend. She was PISSED at him. While he was on the phone lying/apologizing to her, and everyone in the shack listening and watching him intently, his phone fell from his lap and danced right around the edge of two holes. The place erupted, but just missed. Would have given my left nut to see that thing actually go.

Only thing I’ve actually lost is a rod and a pair of pliers. Only a matter of time before the phone goes too.

What! I thought I was married to the only one of those.

CaptainMusky

a Fish Whistle

OK, what is this?
    Ive lost my phone. A full unopened pounder Coors Light. Things I put down the hole that werent lost but are hilarious to mess up the buddies depth finder are peanuts and anything that will slowly fall down the hole. Jacks with their screen.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>IceNEyes1986 wrote:</div>
    a Fish Whistle

OK, what is this?
    Ive lost my phone. A full unopened pounder Coors Light. Things I put down the hole that werent lost but are hilarious to mess up the buddies depth finder are peanuts and anything that will slowly fall down the hole. Jacks with their screen.

I had to google it rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Nothing noteworthy down a hole. But there is a reason there is a wrist strap on spud bars. doah

-J.

Joe Dirty
    Big Lake

Cell phone here. Didn’t even hit rim. Perfect swish. Fishing shallow and one of those old indestructible brick phones. Could see it light up on the bottom!!

Did the exact same thing on Lake Minnetonka 2 years ago. Was a bit confused in the moment because my buddy threw a crappie back at the same moment. I thought he threw it over to my hole. Nope, cell phone fell out of the chest pocket of my carhartt bibs. Just like yours, perfect swish.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i’ve lost a few spearing decoys and a few of the clip on depth finders. my wife bought me a fishtoys ice saw….yep didnt have the rope around my wrist and guess what!!!!!!! yep………thought i was going to be living in the wilderness the rest of my life. after i got my spearshack set up i did manage to fish it back out. good thing it stuck in the mud vertically!!!!!!

now my wife is an expert………she has a spear and 3 walkie talkies on the bottom of the same lake!!!!!

my brother has at least one chisel in…….he also during open water donated an older 5 horse johnson outboard to the lake structure.

404 ERROR
    MN

Couple fish whistles always when no more are around.

Gotta put them back in your bait puck. Don’t don’t put it in the wrong one.

I’ve lost a fullsized coleman lantern, tape measure, can of Dr. Pepper, a bluetooth speaker. What takes the cake is my Big Buddy Heater…Slipped stepping out of my hub while spearing once. I didn’t fall because my foot caught something while I slipped, whew. That was a close one. Come back inside and don’t even notice something was amiss. Look down my hole and see my heater on the bottom…Luckily I got it back by hooking it with my ice saw…

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

I guess I forgot about the Auger bit I sunk, but we didn’t lose it.

I had just got my skid house & didn’t have an Auger at the time (used my cousins, he wasn’t there at that time). Resort buddy shows up with his 4 Stroke Strike Master & says “It’s $5 a hole if I do it, Free if you do it”. So of course, I grab the auger & started drilling, first hole punches through & the Auger bit just kept swirling down the hole… I thought it was a setup! I was like WTF!?!?! Set screw came loose and was laying on the ice by the hole. Luckily they had a big horse shoe style magnet at the shop on shore. Tied a couple ratchet straps together and sent it down. took about 5 minutes, but we got the bit back!

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I put my vex battery in my pocket to go back up to the cabin and switch it out. Bent over to open the door and it slip out of my pocket and down the hole. First time out with the lithium battery.

I just got out and was setting up. I took my sons vex out of the bucket and my glow flashlight was caught on it. Right down the hole. I just spent 3 hours repairing it the night before and didn’t even get a change to use it.

I caught a big pike on one line so I open the spool on my other line. Well it was not enough and the pike caught that line and took the rod down the hole. Brand new Thorne Brothers power noodle I just got for xmas. I didn’t even catch one fish on it. Later that day I went for a pee and dropped down my lines. My minnow swam around the handle of my reel and I pulled it back up.

Also hot wheels, monster trucks, micro machines, and depth finder weight.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Double post

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Set screw came loose and was laying on the ice by the hole.

Almost had this happen to me. Now my set screw has electrical tape around it making sure it can’t come all the way out.

Dan Baker

I’ve lost 3 cell phones. Yeah, hopefully learned my lesson now. And my brother lost a Glock 26. He was not very happy about that one.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>
    OK, what is this?

If you know, You know. Not what I found on Google.. woot toast

Bahahaha! rotflol
    Been there, done that.

I lost a phone once, that’s probably the worst thing I’ve lost down the hole.

404 ERROR
    MN

And my brother lost a Glock 26. He was not very happy about that one.

Almost happened to a 19 of mine. Had it in a holster on the bed. Grabbed the blanket off the bed and the gun goes flying, landed a few inches from the hole…

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’ve lost 3 cell phones. Yeah, hopefully learned my lesson now. And my brother lost a Glock 26. He was not very happy about that one.

How does one loose a hand gun down a hole. Hope he went magnet fishing

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.