things you have lost down a ice hole

• Coletrain27

Must be a Glock thing! Dang near lost a 19X down the hole the same way Merican Eagle nearly did!

After seeing more than a few cell phones so swimming, I no longer put anything in the chest pockets of my bibs….
    [/quote]

I normally carry a 19 and it goes in the top cabinet above the microwave when I’m set up and don’t take it out until I’m hooked up to leave. I would be sick if I lost that down the hole chased

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

HEY the fish whistle is a necessity. That’s what calls the fish in.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

What else it call in???

Michael Best

20 some years ago I walked out to the first break on Ottertail lake on thanksgiving.
    Set the portable up snd started fishing in 10’ of water.
    Things were going great until my truck keys went down the hole. Thankfully I could see bottom.
    I tied on the biggest pimple I had in my box and it didn’t take me long to catch my key ring.
    I thought for sure I was walking home that day until up they came.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

20 some years ago I walked out to the first break on Ottertail lake on thanksgiving.
    Set the portable up snd started fishing in 10’ of water.
    Things were going great until my truck keys went down the hole. Thankfully I could see bottom.
    I tied on the biggest pimple I had in my box and it didn’t take me long to catch my key ring.
    I thought for sure I was walking home that day until up they came.

This is the exact reason I added a float key chain like the one in the boat. A little bulky, but better than the alternative.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Bearcat89 wrote:

What else it call in???

Fog and…. I forgot.

404 ERROR
    MN

Funny this thread is recent. Lost my phone down the hole today. Best part? A huge rattle trap got it back. It was still on but tbd if it’ll work. In rice now. Finally found a use for my junky marcum recon. Thanks Redneck JR for the help lol.

Attachments:
    1. F4D49E8E-4A4D-421F-9618-686AFE60DF6B.jpeg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Good snag back Dave. That’s not a easy one to do.
    I guess at least it wasn’t your glock. Which I’m still boggled on how one looses a hand gun down a hole lol.

phishingruven
    tip of the mitten

im shocked anybody would need a handgun on the ice. i guess it’s pretty dangerous over there in Minnesota. crazy

Coletrain27

im shocked anybody would need a handgun on the ice. i guess it’s pretty dangerous over there in Minnesota. crazy

When some people go fishing there gone 3,4,5 days and travel 300-400 miles. No different than going on vacation. Why not bring it with?

phishingruven
    tip of the mitten

i don’t take my guns on vacation with me unless it’s a hunting vacation. I never feel the need to go to a range or shoot at trees in the woods when im on a non hunting vacation. Is there some new way of catching fish with a firearm that i’m unaware of? I really don’t care when and were you take your guns, do whatever you want. i was just merely shocked that some feel it necessary to take their guns out fishing with them. and then actually losing a gun down an ice hole.

tmyboy2001
    Lakeville, MN

Three years ago I lost my truck keys down the hole in a sleeper on Mille Lacs. Worst part was that I was the last one to arrive so I was blocking everyone else in – the snow was so high (it was late February) no one was getting out any other way than the road they had plowed to the house. My wife had to drive up my spare set from Lakeville….she was not pleased.

Two weeks ago I lost my iPhone 12 down a hole on LOTW. Thank God for insurance on that one. But now, instead of my sleek black phone I had before, I’m now rocking a lavender one.

404 ERROR
    MN

Update on my phone. I’m typing this comment on it. woot

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Well last night was the first of the season for me loosing something in the ice hole. While glancing down my hole in desperation I took my hat off the scratch my noggin and splash. Brand new head lamp came off my baseball cap when I took it off. Straight in the hole. 30 ft of water and my jiggin rap couldn’t find it.
    Dang that sucks. That’s like throwing 50 bucks down the hole

milemark_714

Was fishing with Randy W years ago,and he dropped a full glass bottle of Coke down the hole.Could see it standing up in 4′ of water.Same lake,I lost a wallet down the hole,must have had it in one of those side pockets and it slid out.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Last weekend I lost a nice fish at the bottom of the hole, does that count?

Coletrain27

I ended up getting a phone tether on Amazon and I made it longer than shown

Attachments:
    1. 22B083FD-648E-4292-8584-0EA7BA8E8032-scaled.jpeg

2. 681AAD9B-5C2F-4B33-BDAE-67A182CCF8E0-scaled.jpeg

404 ERROR
    MN

I ended up getting a phone tether on Amazon and I made it longer than shown

I ordered the exact one after this incident.

Unfortunately for me, I wasn’t the one who lost my phone down the hole. However, the tether would have kept me from setting it on my bait bucket while out hole hopping. Someone we were fishing with that was in a different house went into mine to get a minnow. Splash.

nort1975

I dropped a Ion battery down the hole, I got it back with a rapala flat rap. it took me an hour to hook it, one of the best catches of the year!!!

Viewing 25 posts - 61 through 85 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.