The worst of luck with Marcum Showdowns…

• fisherman-andy

Is it just me or what? My first showdown returned after 3 days due to buttons going bad and not working. Decided not to re-purchase. A co-workers showdown just went out; failing after 2 years. And just my luck I decided to try another one, purchased a ice troller for around $100 which at first appeared functional only to find out some of the buttons dont work after and someone has made off with my money. Trying to troubleshoot I then read about all sorts of issues with showdowns on the web. (

Wish me luck cause im doing a walk in tommorrow at Marcum and im very frustrated. If its going to cost me another $90 to get this thing fix imma flip. Showdowns never again… Sorry. Just needed to vent a little.

Wharf Rat
    Mahtomedi

I have had a series of issues with an LX-9, but the guys at Marcum are excellent at taking care of these problems, so either take it there or send it in and they will make it right.

hamms
    Mn

That’s too bad. I know tony roach used the crap out of the showdown unit but not sure how many he had. Every video he was in in the last few years he was running one.

jon amundson

I Have Had Great Service! Got Awesome Service And Quick. Brought In An Lx 7 For Service As It Would Not Find bottom After Two Years Of Use They Replaced Everything Free Of Charge. They Gave Me A New Case, Transducer Arm, Glass Screen Lense, And Upgraded Charger. There Is Nothing That Compares To Marcum Ice Electronics!

dbrode
    Mingo, IA

Hope you get this resolved. I have had my showdown for 4+ years and never a problem.(knock on wood) Use it every weekend that we have good ice here. From the many posts I’ve read Marcum will take good care of you. Good luck!

fisherman-andy

So I brought my showdown ice troller in to be serviced & upgraded to version 2.0. Fast turn around and got it back a 2-3 days later. Everything looked great and appears to be in working order.

Go to use the showdown troller this weekend, Friday appears all dandy and good. Saturday not so good. Guess what happens after 4-8 hours of use? FAIL! Yeap failure. None of the buttons would respond to any touch. Guess where I have to go again tommorrow? Yeap straight back to the Versa/Marcum office so that I can again try to get this very frustrating piece of sonar equipment fixed…

My score: 0-3 (first troller buttons failed after 3rd day of use, 2nd troller buttons failed and upgraded to 2.0 and buttons failed again)

Marcum: 3-0

Now am I feeling real dumb right now because I didnt learn my lesson and yet again have bought another ice troller for my bro in law. Pondering if that one is going to fail also? Guess i’ll just have to stick with the LX6 for hole hopping for now.

One sad Marcum customer, Fisherman-Andy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.