Striker Suit Worth ever dime

• fishbait

3/28/2018

To the GREAT people that make Striker suites a GREAT big THANK YOU for saving my life. Two years ago I bought your Predator Suit for warmth when fishing the cold winter/spring days on the Mississippi River in Clinton ,Iowa never thinking I would need the SUREFLOTE™ flotation-assist liner.
    Today while fishing the river for what ever the reason I stood up fast in the boat and passed out and fell over board. I woke up lying on my back and feeling wet and cold thus realizing I was in the river. I was able to get back to the boat and with the help of another fisherman who boarded my boat was able get back in.
    I was just asked a week ago if I ever tried the flotation system and I said no but thought about jumping into the kids swimming pool to see if it worked. BABY IT DOES AND THANK YOU ALL AT THE FACTORY.

Don Pisel

CaptainMusky

Wow, scary for sure! Glad you made it and the suit did its job, but please see a Dr about that condition because passing out because of standing up can be a sign of something serious OR it can be simply syncope, but either way, you should know (if you haven’t inquired about it already)…

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

glad to hear it.

X2 on seeing a doctor. I would also recommend wearing a life jacket at all times. My understanding is that the float suits are not meant to replace a life jacket. Glad to hear you are ok though

Dan
    Southeast MN

That is one crazy story. Yeah considering how bad that could’ve been I’d heed the advice of those other two and see a doc. Your blood can pool when sitting or laying for awhile and getting dizzy when standing up quick isn’t uncommon but because you went full-on with passing out I’d see a doc just in case you could prevent something.

munchy
    NULL

Glad you didn’t take your screenname literally and are still around to post your story. waytogo

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Glad to hear you are alright. I got that suit also and good to know about the added insurance of the flotation.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Good to here you made it out of the water and back home to the family.There are easier ways and warmer days to test your equipment.

B-man

That’s a scary situation, glad you pulled through.

There are a couple suits out there that are Coast Guard approved as PFD’s, not sure if yours is, but it obviously did the job.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I would also recommend wearing a life jacket at all times. My understanding is that the float suits are not meant to replace a life jacket.

There are a couple suits out there that are Coast Guard approved as PFD’s, not sure if yours is, but it obviously did the job.

No, they are not Coast Guard approved PFD’s. Crappie is correct in that you should be wearing a CG true PFD, particularly if fishing alone in a boat.

Certainly the intent of the Striker Ice suit “float” feature is to offer an added measure of safety when you would ordinarily not be wearing a PFD…like when ice fishing.

I will add that the Striker Ice product already for me is worth every dime! And I haven’t even fallen in the water yet. eek

I bought the “Hardwater” coat this past winter and have not had a coat so warm and with so many features. By far the best investment I have made in years.

Thanks for posting this @fishbait, it does bring me a little more comfort that the product is as advertised (for when bad things happen)…
    neutral

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Thank God you’re okay , i got the Hardwater bibs and jacket this year .Stay safe !

eyeguy507
    SE MN

wearing them gives you a chance. it should be mandatory to at least wear a life jacket early and late ice. too many accidents that could have been prevented. Glad to hear you got home to your family. I got mine this year and all we can do is spread the word and hope it hits home with some.

CaptainMusky

wearing them gives you a chance.

I agree! I got in this debate with some guy about flotation suits who said “the only thing they do is make it easier for them to find your body”. Well, if someone has a suit on at least they have a chance and in this case undoubtedly it made the difference.
    Granted falling through the ice is a bit different because you still have to get back ONTO the ice and that can be difficult, but at least there is some time to compose yourself to gather your thoughts.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Glad to hear you are all right. There is a video showing how quick people panic without wearing life vests compared to those that are. Staying calm in the water is another huge factor in surviving a fall.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Granted falling through the ice is a bit different because you still have to get back ONTO the ice and that can be difficult, but at least there is some time to compose yourself to gather your thoughts.

Not only that…but it can buy you some time while you’re screaming for help, that someone possibly nearby can get there in time and throw you a rope or something!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.