Palmetto, Florida

But it can’t touch the flying lure.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Great read Kyle !!

Bet I can catch walleyes with that

duckilr
    Mississippi River

Thanks Dave. Not sure on the walleyes, give it a shot and let me know.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Great read and a nice looking bait. My plans are to get on the swimbait wagon this summer. I’ll have to give a few of these a try. At the cost of each of these I just hope the Pike don’t tear them up after just one fish.

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

Quote:

But it can’t touch the flying lure.

Or anything in Chuck Woolery’s collection

But seriously, I like the hooks…one thing I don’t like about swim baits is trying to hook up. Seems like you should let them take it like a worm or jig but it’s hard to do that with a moving lure…

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

Swimbaits are an awesome tool for bass. I started using a yum money minnow with a weighted swimbait hook last year. It was only a 1/4 oz weight but I could work it at any level. I had to let them eat it to get the hook into their mouth. So when I felt/ saw a bite I would wait for the rod to load up and I would feel the weight of the fish (much like top water) before setting the hook. I caught so many for fish on this then I did with any other lure during the late summer. I think I might have to get a few of these to add to my collection.

I also caught much bigger fishing using these too… hmm Im gonna have to try them for walleyes too I think!!

iceman35
    upstate New York

hey icekid, I kinda took a relaxed approach while fishing the live magic shad. just kinda kept reeling and let them set the hook… great write up…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.