Fathers day weekend…”thats whats up”

• louis-robinson
    dodge co. mn

Took the little man out with me and Phil…took some patience on my behalf. I had to wait on Phil to get a job done. So I tried to get a little sleep from late nights at work….that didn’t happen …

Phils son backed out and my son changed is mind like four times…I just replied are you sure?….is that want you want to do? Being cautious not to ad pressure…more waiting…….decided to try a little motivation that I remember my dad using on me many moons ago…I grabed oneof my rods rigged with a frog handed it to him and said this is your rod now!!! … the eyeballs lit up.

We began a crash course on casting and retrieving in the front yard…now I understand what my pops felt..

Well by the time it was all said and done …snacks .water fuel and a bite to eat we were on the water around five…

Conditions changed a bit..the weeds just choke out the whole area that I caught fish two weeks prior but it didn’t take long before Phil had 3 ….and Dakota missed 3 in a row before we made it happen…his new PB…never put a tape on her but but its the first of many I’m sure…

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

Wow! great work and congrats on a fun outing. Here’s to many more

louis-robinson
    dodge co. mn

I forgot to mention…highlight of the day…my reel bearings went to crap and siezed up after battle..Dakota looks at me and says..”I dont know whos rod your gonna use now..you ain’t using this one cause its mine and you ain’t wrecking it….priceless!!!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Good story and it looked like a good trip!

Trapper16
    Lakeville, MN

Nice pics, great memories.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Way to go Dad! Nice fish!

hazencm22
    Eau Claire, WI

Wow very nice fish and sound like a heck of a time.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Quote:

“I dont know whos rod your gonna use now..you ain’t using this one cause its mine and you ain’t wrecking it….priceless!!!!

Gotta love it!!!

Well Done!!

sandmannd

That’s awesome. No better way to spend a Father’s Day.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.