MX 1825 Electronics Install

• RT
    Twin Cities

Gents – I’m installing my electronics (Lowrance HDS-8 Gen2 w/LSS-1)on my new MX 1825. Looking to see if anyone has some photos of where they installed the LSS-1 transducer and also their traditional 2D sonar transducer.

The staff at SBC was kind enough to show me the mounting locations, but I had “I’ve got my new boat” disease when they did the walk through and my memory has since washed the mounting locations they showed me.

I appreciate any and all help. Thanks!

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Know there are many here that will be able to help, but when in doubt, contact SBC! You know they’ll be ther for ya!
    Good luck.
    My Ranger 620 has a nice flat spot right below transum which is where I located my LSS-1. I beleive the skeeters have something simular?
    My $.02 on transducer would be thru hull!!!

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Here are a few pics. These are of a Humminbird SI unit but the lss-1 can mount in the same location. You can put it on either side of the motor.
    As for the 2d, If your going to be fishing a lot of deep water (40′ and deeper) I would go with the external transom mount 2d. Otherwise I would go with the glassed in ducer. When glassing it in be sure to sand the inside of the boat so that the transducer glue sticks well!

RT
    Twin Cities

Thank You!!!

Sean Reames

If you have the new hd structure scan transducer i would put it under on the step so it doesn’t hang off the back of the boat so far.

RT
    Twin Cities

I kept my old LSS-1 I took off my ZX.

RT
    Twin Cities

Finished installing my electronics with help from my dad.

Here is how I have things set up.

Fortrex 80 w/US2 on the bow
    HDS-8 (Gen 1) on the bow using the US2 transducer w/temp
    HDS-8 (Gen 2) at the console using a glassed in transducer at the transom and LSS-1 for temp

Both are linked with ethernet cables into the LSS-1 Structure Scan.

Water tested everything yesterday and everything works great. The structure scan is mounted perfectly – a special thanks to Skeeter Boat Center for posting the picture.

I went from a ZX200 with a HPDI 200 to the MX 1825 with a 150 4-stroke. A big change, but that 4-stroke is so smooth, quiet, and is very responsive to the throttle.

Now time to add some smallmouth!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.