Single console MX 1825 questions

• ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Happy New Year. Gopher hoops looked good today. I have a 2003 Fish Hawk. I really like the layout with the big casting deck in the bow with cockpit set back a bit. I fish by myself quite a bit. I don’t really care a lot about the comfort of the guy fishing in the back of the boat. Kind as selfish i guess. I’m interested in the 1825 MX. Never had a glass boat. The console is set further forward than is ideal for me. I figured a single console bubble window would open up some space. The storage and other features look great. I don’t see many s/c available. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. I fish bass mainly, but hit Leech and Rainy for walleyes, too. Thanks for the help. Sam

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

I really encourage you to get out in one. Nothing replaces physically sitting in and hopefully fishing out of a given floor plan.

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

I was in the almost the same boat as you- single console alumacraft nav. 175CS. Thru and thru I was a single console guy, and almost pulled the trigger on a single console 1825 – instead, I opted for the dual console. Like you, I fish 90% of the time by myself and loved the extra room the single gave. But, the one thing I gained, and the deal maker for the dual, was all the extra storage space. That was a huge gain. IMHO, I’d like to see the consoles pulled back a little giving more front deck space, but after fishing an entire summer (mainly off the front) I was happily surprised. I had zero issues with the front deck room, which I really thought was going to be an issue. Like Dean said, you have to get in one for yourself to see. As was told to me, “you’ll catch just as many fish out of the dual as you would the single”. It really will just be up to your personal preference!

socoeyechaser
    Colorado

Happy New Year Sam! IMHO, consider a dual console based on reasons above. My two previous boats were side consoles for the same reasons you state. Now having fished out of a boat with dual console (my MX2025 has a full windshield) for two seasons, I will never go back to a side console because having the windshield is way too comfortable and there is great storage in this boat with the 2nd console as docfrigo states. I just put my boat in storage on Monday; having the option to fish cold weather with the windshield and “storm guard” is priceless. Of my two previous boats, one was glass and the other was aluminum. IMO, if you’re fishing from the bow almost exclusively, I am about 90% of the time, running your boat with a bow mount when comparing the two is a night and day difference. This MX sticks to the water and tracks perfect; more time is spent concentrating on fishing than positioning your boat. From time to time when the wind is blowing, I’ll put the bow mount in anchor mode and go fish in the back with my dad; it’s nice having the room in the back to do this. Good luck in your search!

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Thanks for the replies. I guess my main concern is if there is enough room to lay 7ft rods down on the front deck so I can quickly grab one without opening up a storage compartment. My current boat I van lay them down without having them hanging over the edge. The extra storage with the d/c is a good point. People must like em. I don’t see many used ones available. Thanks

socoeyechaser
    Colorado

I doubt they’d fit. Not sure how long the front deck is in an 1825 compared with a 2025. To get 7 foot rods on the deck of mine I drilled holes and used computer cord grommets. Not the best but it works for me. Keeps the rods secure when running along with a rod buckle. Hopefully my images attach. There is a 7 foot rod in here.

I agree with your observation about the front deck and is the only wish I’d suggest as an improvement; longer and wider in the bow area. This is minor though, there is still a lot of room.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1077.jpg

2. IMG_1076.jpg

3. IMG_1073.jpg

JoeMX1825
    MN

cool idea, must have taken a couple of beers to get the courage to cut those holes? )

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Pretty cool idea. If I get one your driveway will be first stop for some upgrades. Thanks

socoeyechaser
    Colorado

Yes with some liquid courage. Here is the evidence lol. Holes don’t bother me much when adding toys or making things convenient.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1075.jpg

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

“I like how you think. I’m going to keep my eye on you.” I think that’s a Sam Kinnison line about a Rodney Dangerfield character in some movie. seems fitting.

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Cool modifications! I might have to look into that for the rods. toast

socoeyechaser
    Colorado

I copied this idea from a friend. Being honest, a couple of the downsides are I’m always worried about accidentally stepping on a rod and I can’t open the port wing door with the rods there.

Sam, by far this was the best forum I found about these MX boats. If you go back in the archives (like a few years now) there are great comments and ideas. When I was shopping I spent a lot of time reading a lot of the older posts.

Kriszup
    Illinois

Pertaining to socoeyechaser’s photo in his post. Does anyone here know if the front cup holder tool holder trolling plug trim switch plate on the mx2025/40 is the same size as the mx 1825 it looks similar? It would be a neat swap and a nice way to get a front cup holder.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Pertaining to socoeyechaser’s photo in his post. Does anyone here know if the front cup holder tool holder trolling plug trim switch plate on the mx2025/40 is the same size as the mx 1825 it looks similar? It would be a neat swap and a nice way to get a front cup holder.

They are not even close…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.