See ya soon Big Pond!!

• BigWerm
    SW Metro

Sorry to ruffle some old feathers here, but does anyone have any knowledge on whether to expect another walleye shutdown on mille lacs this summer? Or possibly when this could be determined? The star trib wrote an article about it for the first time on March 21st last year, so maybe soon?

Looking to book a cabin on Mille lacs (anyone have a recommendation?) for the middle week of June, but really don’t wanna get burned and be forced to fish for <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>bass doah

No worries, yes I think they will close it again. Even though we now know there is an amazing amount of perch in the lake, the DNR locked us into a 3 year deal behind closed doors. So the quota won’t be going up, and they will close it at least partially this summer, and next. Maybe with a new governor we can get some new DNR leadership that stands up for all the anglers of MN once this “deal” is up. Also, I think you’ll be fine in mid-June like BassAttack said, it will likely be later in the year after the 4th.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Looking to book a cabin on Mille lacs (anyone have a recommendation?) for the middle week of June, but really don’t wanna get burned and be forced to fish for <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>bass doah

I am going to agree on what other’s have posted regarding the likely walleye season this summer. Mid June should be a good bet for it to still be open.

Regarding cabin rental, for some time I wondered given the popularity of that lake for generations that there would be far more cabin rental options. There just aren’t as many as you would expect for that size fishery. Obviously it is in part due to the proximity to the metro and many come up for the day. That and there’s many camper resorts catering to the weekenders that have a place there.

I would not hesitate to recommend Red Door Resort, very nice cabins reasonably priced (pictured below). The lakefront one’s are what we always reserve.
    Fishers Resort in Malmo also has some nice cozy cabins on the lake and Beachside on the south end is in the process of remodeling and upgrading theirs.

I would think about reserving soon, believe it or not…prime times are filling up already.

Attachments:
    1. 3br-Cabin.png

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.