RT-9 Pricing

• Wharf Rat
    Mahtomedi

I received an email from Marcum a few days ago offering factory direct pricing on the RT-9. Checked their site and the price was $1399.97.
    Seemed like a decent price, but when I was at Joe’s Sporting Goods in St. Paul last night they had them for $999.
    It looks to me like Marcum has not sold these to their expectations and now need to blow them out.
    I’m a huge Marcum fan so please don’t take this as me trying to start a hater thread about them. Just reporting what I’m seeing.
    I love my LX9 and LX5 units. The only reason I would consider a RT-9 is the screen size and mapping, but much of the same can be accomplished with the Helix 7 Ice at a fraction of the price. I have the head unit for the Helix 7 on my boat so also exploring that route.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

The only reason I would consider a RT-9 is the screen size and mapping, but much of the same can be accomplished with the Helix 7 Ice at a fraction of the price.

Probably the major reason for the struggles of the RT-9.

I’m sure if it could’ve somehow helped a person fly an xwing fighter it would have sold better.

The RT9 was doomed after two consecutive years of promition followed by failed release. It was outdated before it was even available.

B-man

The writing is on the wall for Marcum and Vexilar…..(unfortunately)

They will always have a following, but if there’s not enough people to make it profitable, they will be gone before you know it.

JoeMX1825
    MN

The RT9 was doomed after two consecutive years of promition followed by failed release. It was outdated before it was even available.

this ^^^^

dbv2

They should include their own Lithium shuttle with this then it would be more tempting.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.