Rock River/SE WI Ice Fishing GTG

• Pablito
    Janesville, Wi.

DB, thanks for the post. The catching was not good, but the fishing was great, alway something new to learn. Good time with good people! PD thanks for setting up the GTG and cooking, R-B great sausage, Z-M please send me the PS name and were to buy near Janesville. Randy you are intense and I like that a lot, Sounds like you and you wife are great parents and the best of luck with your daughter. MS good fishing. DB, at this point, the Fox sound like fun.

Kelly Jordan
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

Was a great day on the water, apparently the fish didn’t get the memo to start biting Nice to see some familiar faces and some new people too. Good food, great company Fox lake woild be fun, and im in for a open water day

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Just in case anyone didn’t catch the post I had in the Ice fishing forum I’ll add a link. I put the pics I took with my phone on there. Wish I had a video of the ride off….we broke through a snow drift and the truck dropped about a foot. Had that Oh moment plastered on both of our faces.

Was on Fox for just a few hours this afternoon. Nothing fast and furious, but I did find a batch of nicer crappies and a couple nice gills away from the crowd.

Ice fishing Bago GTG

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Excellent, planning on Fox Saturday if we don’t get blasted with too much snow. If anyone wants to join in and gang up on them let me know. I’ll be meeting my brother there.

Randy, it was nice meeting you. Glad you got out of that hole so we have a chance to meet up again. Al got buried in a drift on the way off too. We were wishing we would have left when you did but I’m glad we didn’t follow your tracks.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

He called me intense and I was there just to be social. Could only imagine what I would called if I was in hard core run & gun mode

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Being out with Randy on this 10 hour “half-day” outing on Bago was relaxing, compared to the all dayers we’ve done before. Slept like a baby for sure, after all the fresh air, food and drink. Was a great time visiting with the other IDOers out there. Too bad the fish weren’t more cooperative. We’re due for a good one, fellas.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I’m still planning on a trip to Fox Lake Saturday with my brother. Should be fishing by 8. Anyone else going? Sounds like there’s a Fisheree so expecting another zoo. At least I should be able to stop at Fleet in the way home for more KnuckleBall jigs, then home to clean a meals worth of fish. Really want to make more fish chowder with venison bacon!

Kelly Jordan
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

Have to work Saturday, or id be in, let me know how it goes

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

If you guys get on a hot area, don’t forget the sign!

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Quote:

I’m still planning on a trip to Fox Lake Saturday with my brother. Should be fishing by 8. Anyone else going? Sounds like there’s a Fisheree so expecting another zoo. At least I should be able to stop at Fleet in the way home for more KnuckleBall jigs, then home to clean a meals worth of fish. Really want to make more fish chowder with venison bacon!

Greg,

I can meet you out there on Fox in the AM.

Will PM for details.

Derek

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I wanted to turn you guys on to Larry Smith but I thought it wasn’t my place to do that, should have, click on link below and enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9MOUWX5SdI&feature=player_embedded

Would be looking forward to a GTG on the rock this spring. Might have a better place to have the GTG than the launch at Blackhawk if things work out. Keep in touch!!!!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Jeff, Larry was shuffling guys right around us for the majority of the day. Unfortunately, it was one of those days….

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

My brother and I both left Fox Lake yesterday with a dozen fish each. Noon until 2 was the best bite after a slow start. For me a slender spoon produced half the fish and a gold jig with red plastic accounted for the rest including one nice perch. It was nice to meet up with Randy, Al and Derek again. Randy, I hope your daughter is feeling better today. Your a good dad to leave a bite to get her home. Hope to see you all again soon. Keep in touch!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Well, I’m convinced that nothing kills a bite faster than Adding IDO gtg to meeting up. Glad you guys got on some. I was hoping you guys would have moved over when I called. We kept 39 and tossed about 20 back. Plenty for a couple meals. Diamond gig and red wedgee with blue fleck was the hot one until about 10, then the 1″ gulp finished the job. One key thing made a huge difference. If the fish just looked at it, pull it up fast. If one started to follow, then twitch it down until they hit. If nothing followed, pull it all the way up and drop again. Seemed like the getting it away from them triggered a fast hit. If the had time to look, they went negative.
    Good to see everyone and finally meet Deisel. Olivia was felling better. Had an injury to day at a wrestling tournament. Came down on a girl’s elbow under back. Huge bruise and a lot of swelling. Another trip to see doc holiday..

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

It was good to get out to see you guys after this crazy winter. And good to finally meet Randy. Gotta love your focus on getting on active fish. I on the other hand had zip. Nice day to walk around the lake. Yup..walked. Needed the exercise and reminded me of younger days…cause I am feeling it in my old knees now.

Derek

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Anybody fishing this weekend? I’m flying solo unless anyone is interested in meeting somewhere. I haven’t decided if I want to walk Fox looking for abandoned holes & fish, try Delavan or just try a few hours on the family pond.

prodrive-al
    Elkhorn, WI

I think my son and I are going to get out this weekend on the Lauderdale chain, just not sure if Saturday morning later after he gets home from work/school or Sunday after I get home from work…. We’re headed up north snowmobiling next weekend so this will be last weekend to target a tasty pike or two…. Will keep ya posted towards the end of the week.

Al

Pablito
    Janesville, Wi.

Think of fishing Delavan this Sat., but would like to try Lauderdale if ProDrive would like some company. Are you planning on driving on the ice?

prodrive-al
    Elkhorn, WI

Yeah gonna drive out as long as the shore doesn’t take too bad of a beating today with the rain forcasted… Had 24″ to 26″ of ice last week where I was at. You sure can stop out although it’ll prolly be 9 to 9:30am Sunday morning before I can get out as I’ve gotta work this weekend and don’t get off of work until 7:30…..

Pablito
    Janesville, Wi.

Can’t make it Sunday, good luck. The according to Randy.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I had sick kids this week so sticking close to home tomorrow, maybe back to Fox next Saturday to start March. Pheasant hunting on the 2nd.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

The according to Randy.

Viewing 23 posts - 61 through 83 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.