October Fishing Reports and Pictures

• prodrive-al
    Elkhorn, WI

Managed to sneak out Friday morning early, was on the water by 7am, launched at the bypass. Had 42* water when I got there. Fished a few deeper runs, most productive depths were 11 to 13 fow. Was marking a lot of fish but the bite was a little tough to begin with. Started with a jig and minnow on one rod and a jig and 1/2 crawler on the other, had some luck on the crawler with whitebass but nothing on the minnow rod so switched that out and started trying different colored plastics. I had a 1/2 hour run in one spot where I picked up 7 or 8 small saugers on a purple/chart moxie but the biggest was 14″ exactly, fun but not the size I was looking for… The saugers were all in one spot on the outside of a bend in the deepest part right on the edge where it comes up. Couple more drifts thru and hooked up with a good fish on the crawler rod, thought it was a cat at first but when it came up it was a mid 20″ walleye that I just couldn’t get the net under quick enough… Was a nice fish. Tried to loop back around to the spot and picked up the 16″ walleye in the pic, also on the crawler setup. That was it for the walleyes/saugers for the morning, would pick up a whitebass or two here and there but it seemed like they would only hit when the sun was out. I managed to stick it out until 11:30am or so when the wind really started to blow so I called it a day. Ended up with a good bunch of saugers, the one keeper walleye and the one lost at the side of the boat, and probably caught 15 to 18 whitebass so good day on the river. I guess the most surprising thing was not a single sheephead in 4+ hours of fishing but I’ll prolly make up for that next time out though. Water temp was up to 44* when I left so hopefully the plastic bite will take off soon. Hoping to get out next week at least once too…

Eric Pomplun
    janesville, wisconsin

fished a couple hours today but all i could muster was whitebass pretty much everywhere i went i caught whitebass. water temp was 44 or so. hopefully it will pick up the next couple days and if the wind would not blow so hard that would be great almost to windy to fish almost all the spots i wanted to fish.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

should have went where I told u

prodrive-al
    Elkhorn, WI

Here’s the finished product from Friday’s outing, perfect for three…. Hope the wind lays down for a few days next week, I can take the cold, rain, snow, even hot, but enough wind and it’s almost impossible to deal with… Good luck for those that get out in the next week or so, keep us posted on the water temps, please.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

yummie – 44* Saturday

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Memories of one fish can make a day. Good laugh but I’m not touching it. Thanks Jeff.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Combo of correct equipment and partnership made this a successful catch. Tournament walleye St Croix 6’6″ ML rod with Quantum Energy 20PTsB spinning reel spooled with 8lb trilene transOptic with 1/4oz glow/green nuckle ball jig tipped with a 4in minnow gulp. Also have to give credit to boat partner(A.K.A. Databoy)for running down fish for me with trolling motor, odds of landing this fish alone isn’t good. Also the combo of rod, reel – got to love that drag, no back reel on this fish, line and quality jig which the hook never bent put this fish into the boat.

broadwaybob
    Janesville, WI

Nice Kitty, Jeff! I think I’ll add my releases to the record for Sunday’s catch (a 24″ and my personal best 27.5″):

Id like to thank my partner, Paul Blum, for doing the netting and for catching the eaters for the day.

Of course, after the photo session, we had lots of company

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Was in Fort today for business but stopped by the river downtown to see what was not happening. Water low of course with little current. Talked to some guys casting and not a bite but apparently Wednesday we biting good. Was hoping to take my lunch time to cast but of course someone rescheduled my conference call.

Also nice fish Bob.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Congrats Bob, Now I know why all the boats in one small area Sunday! You would have to pay me to fish in that crowd!

broadwaybob
    Janesville, WI

Prior to catching that fish, it was just me and a family that was fishing for white bass. Then a Lund 1775 moved in and two other boats raced up from the mouth. Cell phone fishermen! I’ll give a plug for your sponsor–caught on a 1/8 oz Knucklball jig. Keepers were caught on Precision jigs and livebait.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.