October Fishing Reports and Pictures

• jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Bingo – Please go hunting or fish other rivers and lakes is your best bet. There’s no fish in this river system!

Just kidding, cya u on the water! lol

happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

Nice work! I have no intention of fishing the Rock, but am wondering what worked best for you and what kind of pattern you put together.

Ryan

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

I too have no intention of fishing the rock. There are no fish in that river although my GPS keeps taking me there.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Quote:

Nice work! I have no intention of fishing the Rock, but am wondering what worked best for you and what kind of pattern you put together.

Ryan

Nuckle ball jigs or Zone R’s by fin-tech tackle co rigged with plastic, plastic and more plastic near the wood.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Quote:

I too have no intention of fishing the rock. There are no fish in that river although my GPS keeps taking me there.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Hey, i know that spot! Nice job.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Overall not a bad weekend. Fished Zone R’s with plastic to catch this nice walleye in 8 to 9 fow with gravel bottom and caught the crappie on live bait with slip bobber in the wood. Water temp 65* need to drop more to really turn the bite on! Get your honey to do list done guys because it will start soon. But if you put your time in you can catch nice walleye and crappies like the ones in my pictures.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Wow, I can’t believe you found 8 – 9 ft of water in that river.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

LOL, water is up, there’s spots at 17 foot the shore anglers are get them at!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Please explain that chart to me and the IDO gang! What is the chart telling us?

bronzbak
    Long way from home

Probably means your snake tree will be loaded with specs. Also, that a fall push of white bass might even happen. Oh and the, doh I’ll better not say it….

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

It looks like there wasn’t any water on Monday but it filled back up by Tuesday.

hard-water
    Milwaukee, WI

It shows the water level of the ROCK RIVER indicated by a gauge near the Hwy 26 bridge.

C’MON MAN !!!

web page

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

So we have 11 feet of water? Screw gages they don’t catch more fish! if there’s water there fish! Walleyes live in 9 to 5 foot of water or less most of the time on this river system, so tell me what are you trying to say posting this, is it good or bad all I’m asking.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I would assume it means good?

hard-water
    Milwaukee, WI

It is a graph of how deep the water is on the Rock River in Ft Atkinson, Wisconsin. Pretty self explanatory. Once again, it is a graph of how deep the water is on the Rock River in Ft Atkinson, Wisconsin.

hard-water
    Milwaukee, WI

You are welcome.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Heard some nice crappie were being caught by shore anglers. Nice enough that some guys are going out again today.

D

z-man
    Dousman, WI

I was out solo on saturday from 11 till 6, and got a few white bass, one nice 17 inch sauger (still swimming), couple rockies and a big goat, all on plastic. Water temps were at 50 to 52 degrees, and windier than all get-go. Not much traffic out there.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Starting to see some walleyes caught. Still catching crappies also. Was out Sat around the Bark River and Fort area and Sun fished BH area.

prodrive-al
    Elkhorn, WI

What was the water temp Jeff? Think I’m gonna try to get out Wed morning after work for a while.

bronzbak
    Long way from home

Had 43 today and 1 legal 1 short for 5 hours of effort. Sure not like years past. The fall bite has really gone downhill the last few years. I guess it’s time to start spending more time in the tree. A load of shore warriors by the hatchery crappie fishing. Good day….

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

43* awesome, thanks for the report. Walleyes have to be putting the feed bag on anytime. Match the hatch baby!

prodrive-al
    Elkhorn, WI

Got out from 11am to 4pm today, launched at the bypass. Wind was already blowing pretty well so just tried for crappies today. Caught 6 or 7, kept 3 11″ to 12″ers, others were under 9″… Also got 4 white bass, 8″ to 9″… Water temp was 45 in the morning and got up to just 47 in the afternoon. They were pulling the dock out as I was loading up today, just a FYI.. Seen a few others out but never seen anybody else’s net come out, everyone said it was slow today.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Awesome and congrats on a great meal. Thanks for the update. Sure would be nice if they left the dock in for the fall anglers.

@ Databoy! you ready Sunday to run trolling motor? If so my house at 930am

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I can start early but need to be home and ready to take the boys trick or treating by 2 with my nieces. I sure hate time restraints!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.