September Fishing Reports and Pictures

• jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

This month should be interesting, looking forward to some reports and pictures.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

I just hope there is water and a little current this year.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Been a while since I last fished the Rock. Can someone please give me directions to the launches and GPS coordinates for the hotspots? Looking forward to the fall bite.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

My son says the best place for me to catch fish is at Pic n Save…..ouch

He likes to say that.

Kelly Jordan
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

Ill be seeing the lake alot now, only because i can see it from where i park to bow hunt got couple nice ones on cam,time to center punch one. Been way too busy of a summer, graduation,soccer camps, got the oldest moved in to college in minnesota.not much fishing done here since ice went out.Sold my boat week ago, so back to the shore line. with water levels on the river, think a jon boat would work best

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Fishing for walleyes this labor day weekend was very successful. I teamed up with good friend Ryan Hebbe. We targeted a southern WI river and fished nuckle ball jigs with live bait to catch and release these nice walleyes in the photos. All are fish came vertical jigging in eight foot of water with a hard bottom. Water temp was 77 to 80 degrees. If you want to catch fish like these check out the fin-tech website and get the best jigs on the market at http://www.jigfish.com also check out fin-tech Facebook site for more great pictures and techniques to catch fish.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Slow Saturday, Sundays rain should pick the bite up!

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Thanks Jeff for the note….been quiet for some time.

D

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Your welcome Derek!

hard-water
    Milwaukee, WI

Anyone know what the water temp is? Thanks !

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Saturday it was 70

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Your welcome Dave!

With all the rain we been having who is going to venture out to explore the river this weekend?

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

I wish. Hope to take my son and his buddy and dad for some stunted gill fishing on Pewaukee Lake.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Quote:

Your welcome Derek!

Who’s Derek?

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Planning to hit Waubesa for gills early on Saturday….have been known to trailer over to the Rock on the way home. will see how the days goes.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Your welcome Derek!

Who’s Derek?

I think he is that guy with the used to be new boat that does not get to use it much

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Maybe we should start a new, on-going thread? Instead of “Where’s Waldo?”, we can call it “Where’s Derek?”, to account for all the sightings.

Answer: In the driveway, sitting in his new boat.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

lol, good luck to all that’s fishing this weekend. If you see me on the rock you might want to stop and start fishing.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Hopefully will have more time to fish this fall. Offered a new position at work with less travel. Same great boss and team still.

Derek

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Walleye fishing has been slow here in southern WI rivers so if you like to fish and catch fish change it up and target crappies. All my crappies have been coming from the wood, docks or boat slips. Floating a 1/32oz nuckle ball jig and slip bobber under docks and close to wood does the trick most of the time. The key is get in tight. You need to bounce the slip bobber off the structure without getting snagged up to catch these wonderful eating fish.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Nice crappies. I think I know that spot.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Nice fish. Gotta love the colors on crappie.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Quote:

Nice crappies. I think I know that spot.

LOL
    I never take pictures where I catch fish!lol

prodrive-al
    Elkhorn, WI

I’m gonna try and hit the river Thursday or Friday, first time on the water since late April… Any pointers on what stretch of river to try? Bark river and north or VFW to the lake? Leaning towards HWY 26 launch and just see where it takes me… Any idea of water temps and any luck on plastics yet? Any info would sure help.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

@ ProDrive Al, Saturday fished from 106 bridge to Blackhawk, zippo, water temp was 68. Sunday talked with four anglers at Blackhawk, nobody catching fish the last couple weekend. There all waiting for that big fall bite. It could turn anytime now, please keep me posted how you do Thur and Fri. Can’t fish until next weekend, this weekend big rummage sale city wide and at my house. Lots of good fishing stuff for sale. You all no how it builds up time to get some of the slow mover cleaned out.

prodrive-al
    Elkhorn, WI

Thanks Jeff, will let ya know how it goes…. Been too long since I’ve wet a line so looking forward to just some time on the river. Did you get those crappies on minnows or plastic?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

The fall walleye bite is just getting started on the wolf river…shouldn’t be long until the Rock starts in. Crappies up there have been hit/miss pending the quality of timber your fishing. Hopefully the rock is getting more consistent than what we have been doing up there

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Quote:

Did you get those crappies on minnows or plastic?

minnow

prodrive-al
    Elkhorn, WI

Thanks Jeff, had to put a new battery in the boat this afternoon so hope to get out late morning Thursday after work. Will let ya know how it goes.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.