September Fishing Reports and Pictures

• diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Third hand report. Buddy of mine out today. Got out late morning to jig down river. They talked to a boat that had a couple and saw one nice eye caught. That was it. Must have been an early morning bite. They caught one white bass. Trolled the lake for an hour or two. Zippo.

Water level reported very low. He hit something at the mouth , no damage. Took a nick out of his prop at the bypass launch.
    Said he marked 2 feet in places on the lake. (which I believe since I know where he trolled)

Be careful out there guys. Need rain and someone to close the gates at the dam.

Also no crappie caught in the trees.

Water temp was 68.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Thanks for the report!

prodrive-al
    Elkhorn, WI

Well I got out Thursday, fished 11a to 5pm. launched at the bypass. Was kinda windy so just tried for crappies and did alright. I caught 15 or 16, kept 4 for a meal. Biggest was right at 12″ and smallest was 9″. I missed or lost easily that many more, was using a 1/32oz jigs but they had like a #12 short shank hook, would like to find some with a little bigger hook, think that would’ve helped on hookups… Couple things I found out fishing mid-day, the wood had to be in the shade and it had to have at least 5-6 fow on the end, the more the better, and had to have current past it too. Used hot pink and white jigs with about 50/50 on each. Water was 65* when I got on the river and 70* at 5pm.

Friday fished 7am to 12:30pm, launched at Kmart. Started at the 106 bridge jigging, almost zero current and an incredible amount of crap floating on the surface. Jigged until a little after 10a when the wind picked up, ended up with a 5″ WB, 7-8 Sheepheads with one that had to go close to 10#, and I snagged a carp. Spent the next couple hours looking for crappies without any luck and by noon I’d had all the wind I could take and called it a day. Water was 62* at 7am and just over 70* when I pulled out. We really need some flow and for the water temp to drop 10* or so… Gonna have to give it a couple weeks or so I think…

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Used to launch at Reef Point bar or whatever the name is during low water (deeper ramp) than the bypass. Is this place open anymore. The couple times out the place looks dead and no trailers in the lot.

Heard it was for sale.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

It’s called River Front Bar and yes it’s still open. Just launch in the morning and when you trailer the guy will find you to pay or go into bar. Afternoons the bar should be open just go in and pay. If not open and nobody around don’t worry about it, there lost! lol

GEEMAN
    Fort Atkinson , WI

I asked the guy who owns the place what to do with the launch fee when nobody was around to give it to and he said to put it in that clear plastic box next to the door that goes to the bar. That’s what I have been doing the last 3-4 years.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.