Ranger electrical issue

• pass0047
    Pool4

Have 2005 618t ranger that has lost power to gauges. Lost fuel, tach, speed gauges along with backlight to gauges. Pulled fuses on panel and no fuses blown.

Control pad with nav lights working, bilage, and live wells running normal. However light on control pad doesn’t come on as normal when ignition switch on.

It’s as thought I lost power from ignition switch being on.

Thanks for any ideas. If not can call ranger but heard recent stories about long phone calls.
    Thanks indavance

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I had something similar on my new Lund 1875 this spring. No power when flipping the main power switch on. It was an intermittent connection of the main ground to the fuse panel.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Try Flipping the main power switches on and off/back and forth a few times. They should be located in the back battery compartments on each side of the boat.

pass0047
    Pool4

Thanks for the suggestions. Do have power to most of functions just things that normally turn on when boat is on. Boat runs normal.

Ran jumper directly from positive off of battery to each gauge and gauge lights light up so ground seems intact. Thanks for suggestions and keep them coming. Your time is appreciated

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.