Purchase that has disappointed you most

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Taxes…

You don’t purchase taxes lol.

I think its safe to say we’re all disappointed in taxes though.

Deuces

A house in 2005. It was a small shack that we paid 168,000 for and by 2009-2010 it was worth 93,000.00. Sweet…

Same here, think it was 08 tho right before crash. Paid 185 worth 105 couple years later. Bank wouldn’t give any options had to walk away. Long uphill credit battle since then.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

A house in 2005. It was a small shack that we paid 168,000 for and by 2009-2010 it was worth 93,000.00. Sweet…

But what is it worth today?

HRG

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I have bought many baits that I have been disappointed in until that one day when they put all the fish in the boat.

My Simms rain bibs. I bought them online for a great price and thought they sold me women bibs. They tapper in at the belly. I double checked and they are mens. But what beer drinking man has a skinny gut. I still wear them with the zipper down most of the time.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buschman wrote:</div>

HRG

Probably 268

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

My Simms rain bibs. I bought them online for a great price and thought they sold me women bibs. They tapper in at the belly. I double checked and they are mens. But what beer drinking man has a skinny gut. I still wear them with the zipper down most of the time.

I’ll keep this in mind because I’m considering Simms this spring as new rain gear. I’ve never really liked bibs though, more of a pants kinda guy.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Ugh, I hear you. Paid $200K in 2007, put about $25K into remodels, and sold for $190K in 2014. doah

On the positive side, the house we bought in 2014 is worth way more now than we paid for it. )

buschman
    Pool 2

HRG

Probably 268

We stayed in that house till we could sell. Made it work and did some remolding. Ended up getting out of it for 150,000 and moving along. We had equity at that point and just broke even. Happy we did though. We got a good price on the new place we are in now and the family is happy.. guess thats all that matters.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

For those who were burnt on the housing market collapse, you can thank our elite regardless of party in Washington for bankrolling that chaos and propping the banks up that should have went under fully. It was also a hard lesson for many to not take adjustable mortgages and to live within their means. That same collapse also created an affordable investment for millions of Americans on the back end.

I thought of a few more to add to my list:

-Carhartt Boots: Junk. 2 weeks of my summer second job and they were done for. From here on out the only luck I’ve had is with Timberland boots or Red Wings.

-Rapala Scatter Raps: I have thrown them, trolled them, pitched them, and done anything you can imagine with them towards active fish of various species with a couple drum to show for it. A traditional shad rap out fishes these 100-1. They’re a gimmick at best for my applications.

-Havalon Knife: I wanted to love this thing so much. It was great for skinning animals, cutting lumber bands, whittling, and would even cut vegetables or potatoes camping with a fresh blade perfectly. The blades were awesome, that wasn’t the issue. The main handle of the knife was held together with a few screws that never stayed together repeatedly working loose over time. I swapped it for another one with no questions asked at Fleet Farm only to have it happen round 2. I went back to the tried and true Milwaukee fastback.

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

2017 Arctic Cat Prowler SxS
    Bought it without a lot of knowledge on SxS’s. Love AC snowmobiles, and know their SxS had a workhorse reputation (it definitely seemed to be a workhorse). But holy cow was that thing LOUD! Couldn’t even enjoy driving it but thought that’s just how SxS’s were. Felt bad giving the kids rides in it because I was damaging their hearing(even with a helmet on). Few people I knew had Rangers and I’d get sick to my stomach every time I rode in one because you could actually talk to the people in the machine. Pays to do a lot of research … lesson learned the hard way. Can’t believe they even sold something so loud. Fortunately, I was able to flip it for what I paid for it less that a year later and got into a Ranger right before the chaos of supply shortages took over. Understand why there are very few AC SxS’s running around now. At the time I assumed no one wanted to get rid of theirs because they were such solid machines.

Reef W

Most recent thing was Clam Ice Armor Edge gloves. I thought they were amazing for one day and then, ever since, I wouldn’t even call them water resistant.

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

The more stuff I read, it seems most things Clam should just be avoided.

Reef W

-Havalon Knife:

I don’t use it a lot, so maybe I just haven’t go there yet, but I haven’t had any issue with my Gerber Vital version of this. I haven’t used the Havalon personally but heard it’s easier to change blades on the Gerber too.

Pitter patter

2005 Ford F-250 diesel. Biggest piece of crap ever owned. Motor problems as soon as warranty was up. Was a known issue for ford but still wouldn’t remedy problem. Drove Chevy ever since

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

-Havalon Knife:

I don’t use it a lot, so maybe I just haven’t go there yet, but I haven’t had any issue with my Gerber Vital version of this. I haven’t used the Havalon personally but heard it’s easier to change blades on the Gerber too.

I love my havalon. Gutted and skinned elk, deer and used it to clean fish… used it a ton around the campsite. It has never failed and blade change is super quick and easy.

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

Yeah my G Loomis GLX is in another league compared to a Legend X. I think alot has to do with how you pair it with a reel and line. Stradic ci4 and 6 lb fireline.

Same here. I think my G Loomis GLX is awesome! It is hard to get myself to use anything else. I wish I had a bunch more.

buschman
    Pool 2

-Rapala Scatter Raps: I have thrown them, trolled them, pitched them, and done anything you can imagine with them towards active fish of various species with a couple drum to show for it. A traditional shad rap out fishes these 100-1. They’re a gimmick at best for my applications.

Bucky, if these are the husky jerk scatters you have yourself a buyer!!! I found the application for these but not telling till after the transaction is complete.. haha..

Justin riegel

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>

Bucky, if these are the husky jerk scatters you have yourself a buyer!!! I found the application for these but not telling till after the transaction is complete.. haha..

I would buy them too, I killed with them for salmon and eyes.

stjoeguy

Aqua-Vu Micro camera. Maybe it was just the lakes I fish, but 90% of the time all I could see was algae? or something floating in the water. One time I saw the jig, then saw a fish, and saw it bite the jig.

icefanatic11
    Birnamwood, WI

Same here. I think my G Loomis GLX is awesome! It is hard to get myself to use anything else. I wish I had a bunch more.

Well perhaps then I didn’t spend enough money to get the full g loomis experience because the model I purchased was an E6x that retailed I believe for 275 at the time. That rod was a heavy build (but was a light action) and did not feel sensitive, I think mostly due to the weight of the blanks, cork and guides and was even paired with a pretty decent pflueger president and thin (5 lb) braid. If anyone is honestly looking for a rod like that, I’d sell it. It has been relegated to a slip boober rod for years and is honestly just a dust collector, still have multiple slip bobber rods I prefer. Even let the FW use it, because if the thing broke, I’d miss it much less than any of my others.

On a st croix note, I’ve not loved their walleye rods either, but damn if I can’t find a better panfish rod than their panfish series.

It’s too bad hearing about the recon’s I’ve had 2 aqua-vus and have had no need to ever switch. Marcum won me over with my first flasher purchase, the Showdown, but that’s probably a different thread about most unexpectedly good purchases. Bought in 2010 and that thing has not missed a beat in 11 years and still works phenomenal, only recently purchased an lx6 from a seller on here, I shed a tear when the showdown missed it’s first ice trip in 11 years.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

The Plano boxes I have of rip n raps and jiggin raps. Anyone who catches fish on them is liar.

Matthew Sandys

Humminbird Helix 7 and Lithium shuttle. Can’t use because can’t get an ice transducer for it. It sits there burning a hole in my soul.

404 ERROR
    MN

Aqua-Vu Micro camera. Maybe it was just the lakes I fish, but 90% of the time all I could see was algae? or something floating in the water. One time I saw the jig, then saw a fish, and saw it bite the jig.

Just be lucky it works.

Yellow Fever
    Kingston Ontario

My Xi5…worst POS i ever had, come to think of it both Motor Guide were junk

michael keehr

ABU GARCIA 7000 HSN. was such a piece of junk i got rid of all my abus.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

The sixth shot of Patron last night…

maddogg

A 1973 El Tigre snowmobile was a POS. First belt lasted 1oo miles .Got a new one it lasted 110 hours. Took it to the shop to get alignment checked out OK. Dealer said Arctic Cat recommended using a EXT belt $110 for that. Then the thing would fill the cylinders with gas when it stood over night.Back to the shop and it was ok for a while then flooded again. Then I bought a Yamaha.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I love my xi5. It did go crazy one day but a up date fixed that

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

The Plano boxes I have of rip n raps and jiggin raps. Anyone who catches fish on them is liar.

Matt, I’ll take them off your hands

milemark_714

I thought the same,until I replaced the GPS module assembly.Then it was perfect.Only sold it to go to 24V,which is an Ulterra.Ulterra could be a semi-POS,it was in the shop twice.1st was the steering module got very noisy,2nd was that it popped the belt while stowing.Nothing’s perfect I reckon.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 122 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.