Purchase that has disappointed you most

• BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

If I talk about it here I’ll never be able to sell it in the classifieds!

BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

Since this one’s gone I can talk about it. In 1985 I bought a 1984 Bayliner 17’ bass boat with an 85 hp Force (Chrysler). First of all it’s a boat so that’s strike one. That Force motor though… flame Always something with that and it seemed rarely the same thing. Except, roasting the engine twice on Ole Miss on the same stretch of River not more than a couple hundred yards from each other. The trolling motor had more mil s than the engine limping me home when it quit running. Eventually replaced it with the Evinrude 88 Special. Great motor.
    Then there is the cheap-azz boat. Top and bottom sections of the boat were supposed to be riveted together. Not long after I bought it I noticed the bow sections did not overlap enough for the holes to even be closed off. Rivets went through about a 1/2 hole. You could pull the bow apart like a pelican. The seats – ridiculously low, sitting 4” off the floor. Floor boards rotted in no time.

That thing could not take big water. Not if you wanted to stay dry and have the boat hold together.

My favorite moment was when I lived in Medicine Lake, woke up in the morning to find it still tied to the dock but sitting in the bottom of the lake.

Viewing 2 posts - 121 through 122 (of 122 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.