Coyote down

• chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Interesting. I have seen some like that. The problem for me that I see is that I like to cast out about 60 feet of line. It will be interesting to get some feedback on them.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

It just so happens that I had the oppurtunity to get my hands on these rods as well recently during a TV show being filmed here.

My first impression of the rod itself was favorable,but without coming across negative,I cant say the built-in line counter impressed me. But who knows,it may be the ticket?

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Quote:

I cant say the built-in line counter impressed me.

I can say that just the thought of a line counter built into a rod does not impress me at all. I’ll stick with my Okuma reels.

bennyj
    sunrise mn

Sometimes you just have a feeling. Last night was one of those nights. The wind was in my favor and it was in the last half hour of light. I decided to go and make a sit. The coyotes are thick around me this winter. I haven’t seen a fresh deer track in about a month or so maybe longer. That is pretty disappointing. I walked my woods and have seen plenty of tracks.(fox,cat,coyote) I knew they were hanging close to the house and there are a number of them.

I walked out and the snow is starting to get to be hit or miss. With temps. as they are is getting crunchy in spots and soft in others so I tried to avoid walking on the snow on the way out to keep quiet. I don’t want to be heard making my way out. I set up up under a cedar tree and make a few calls. On about the 4th call I heard some of the crunchy snow off in the distance. Then, I see a head and a body about 100 yards or so out. I hit the call again to ensure that he comes right in. It is a tough spot to shoot out of due to the brush surrounding me and I should have used a shotgun not my 30-06 with a 165g deer load. I don’t own a smaller caliber gun for predators. It is on my list of purchases in the near future. In my book at this point a dead coyote is a good coyote and the 30-06 did just the trick.

It ran right into me and I whistled to stop it from running at 18 yards. Now at 18 yards with scope power at 9 it was tough to pick out as you can imagine. I had to survey the area for a sec or two to find him and a weed just happen to cover the cross hairs. I have one foot on either side of this weed. That weed covered up the cross hairs perfectly. It was decision time! The coyote is facing me. It didn’t take long for me to say what the heck. Booooommmm.. and the flop.

And another bites the dust!

I am gonna try to weight it tonight. I have a 60 pound golden retriever. It might not weight as much as her but body size wise it was bigger. This is my biggest to date yote. It was a male.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

A dead coyote is a good coyote!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Booooommmm.. and the flop.
    Love it!! Congrats – now, go get another one.

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

Way to go! I made a set last night just before dark. I don’t think I called any in…. it was so foggy, they would have to be within 50yds for me to see them

jonboy
    Wausau, WI

Nice…

big_g
    Isle, MN

Biggie !! Did you get a weight ?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.