Another one down…

• chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Just say “No” if he asks you if you wanna smell his fingers.

jeff_hansen

Slipped out tonight for another quick set and had a pack go off to the southeast of me. I got back on the call and was anticipating some action from that angle but continued to watch the whole area. Sure enough, at about the 10 minute mark this guy came flying across the field from the north. I tracked him in the scope and when he checked up at about 90 yards I lined up on him and touched one off. He spun a few times and I expected him to go down but he took off across the field. Not wanting to take any chances I swung on him and rolled him on the third shot. (I’m still not solid on my running shots yet.). I kept calling just in case there were any more takers but no luck. When I went to retrieve the coyote I backtracked him and discovered that he lost a lot of blood as he ran but it didn’t seem to slow him down much. These critters never cease to amaze me with how tough they are.

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

Nice shooting!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Great job Jeff! I’m a bit envious of you right now. I’ve been going since we had the cold snap and snow. Very few coyotes around here by me this year. (locally) Its a nice turn-around that we are seeing fox, and committed to letting most of them go this year. I saw a single set of tracks of a coyote yesterday, but they were a day or better old. Guys that are running hounds to the north of me have been struggling as well. I can’t wait until I can make a few days to get back up to my farm!
    Keep smack’n them!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congrats Jeff!

jeff_hansen

Thanks, guys… we finally got some decent conditions. Hopefully the snow will stick around for awhile so I can put a few more on the ground…

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

you shooting most at night then by the looks of it?

jeff_hansen

Shot that one about 20 min. before dark…

huntalot60
    wisconsin

great job
    wish i could get out more just has not been working out. group of guys started hunting last friday and there up to 17 yotes so far and 1 fox. guy just called me and they have 3 aready today.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.