ZIP Lure

• MrWillowcat
    Nelson Wisconsin

I was just wondering if anyone has been trying these out.. Jon gillespy( the lound and Crazy guy) always seems to be catching fish on them on his fishing show waters and woods….

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I use them often. Although I’ve found I don’t need to wave my arms over my head and yell “holy cow, get the frabill” to get them to work. The hooks are a bit small and whimpy in my opinion, but the have a good action… cast and retrieved or jigged.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

But do you say-“another one on the zip lure!” or sing “zip-di-di-doo-dah”???

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’ve tried that. Nobody wanted to fish with me anymore and I honestly couldn’t stand being around myselft either. Gave it up and found happiness again

MrWillowcat
    Nelson Wisconsin

u have to admidt,, even though john is part loon,,, he can sure find the guides that put him on fish,,,,Well they must b good if he can even put some in the boat,,

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

True, but @ what cost. I’ll bet ol’ Pete Maina doesn’t put up w/ John for free. That has got to be like running a daycare on water w/ him in the boat. But, you have got to hand it to John, he sure is entertaining. I would miss his show if it ever got cancelled.
    “Holy Cow look at that Slob-o!!”

nubbinbuck

I have used them a few times in Canada, and worked well. Never tried it here, sorry.

My guess is you have to sing that really annoying Zip lure song while fishing, in order for it to work.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.