Mississippi No Wake?

• Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Is the river “no wake” right now because of the flood? Is that a thing?

Also, anybody know who closes the boat ramps? City, county, DNR?

What’s the penalty for going around or moving barricades? Lots of guys doing it at Prairie Island in Winona.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

This is for pool 8 Jake…..

Quote:

11.03 SPECIAL SPEED RESTRICTIONS.

(A) SHORELAND.

(1) Developed shoreline areas shall be designated as “Slow-No Wake” areas during the time the official river stage at La Crosse, Wisconsin, shall reach at least 10 feet.

(2) “Developed shoreline areas; shall be defined as being land adjacent to navigable water which is used or occupied by private or public owners.

(3) This ordinance shall apply to all vessels, boats or motorboats for which there is no exclusive jurisdiction of the State of Wisconsin or the United States as to its effect.

As far as moving barricades, I have no idea but would imagine it to have a hefty fine.

stuart
    Mn.

$1000 Have a friend that did it last fall.Will be his last time going around a barricade.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

I heard the City Attorney in Red Wing closed the city park landings. I believe the park landings are care for by the city parks department.

blue_perch
    Sparta WI

I know there were a bunch of people running around on lake Onalaska today. Crazy with all the trees floating around. Needed chest waders to launch from Schafer’s today.

pdl
    Bayport/St. Croix/Otsego/Grand Rapids

Tribune says that most NW MN farmland is “no Wake” right now.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

All landings on the MN side from Red Wing thru Wabasha are closed. If barracades exists, its unlawful to go around them. With water like this the old West Newton chute launch would be out of the question and the new launch would be gated I’m sure, Wilcox would be a real terror.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Got out yesterday on Pool 6. East End boat ramp in Winona is open and useable. Cool but weird, 65degree day in the middle of April and I was the ONLY boat on the whole river?

Didn’t catch squat.

Spill way at Prairie Island.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

I was the ONLY boat on the whole river?

Didn’t catch squat.

Pool 8 is still coming up and a road trip proved the WI. River to look wild today off HWY 21.

Crap weather for this week also….the couch is sounding pretty good again

Wish we had ice

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

There were two rigs at Bass Camp yesterday and saw one boat running around at Weaver Bottoms. I have not heard or seen anything about no wake but a good idea not to make things worse for the folks who already are flooded – not to mention for your own safety – lots of trees and stuff coming down between Red Wing and Whitman

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.