Pool 2 Walleye Opener

• stevenhand01

Hey Guys,

Im gonna plan on heading to pool 2 for walleye opener. I have never fished the river and I was wondering what some tactics would be for walleye. Cranks? Jigs?

Thank you!

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Pool 2 is catch and release only for gamefish all year around.

If you haven’t fished rivers before, now may not be the best time with such a high flow. Don’t get me wrong fishing can be really good, just when I first started on the river in high water I was typically cursing from boat control majority of the time.

stevenhand01

Pool 2 is catch and release only for gamefish all year around.

If you haven’t fished rivers before, now may not be the best time with such a high flow. Don’t get me wrong fishing can be really good, just when I first started on the river in high water I was typically cursing from boat control majority of the time.

Sounds good, just looking to put the kids on some fish.Keeping them is just a bonus.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

I’d second Nhamm’s advice — pool 2 is a great fishery but if you’re not necessarily river savvy then now is a difficult time for your first shot. have you looked into area lakes?

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

Also should add that Pool 2 is open year round, so you do not have to wait till walleye opener to fish it. Border lakes/rivers, plus pool 2, have different rules/regulations than a lot of the inland waters.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.