Pool 2 Walleye

• nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Hope they show more respect for shorefisherman at the confluence then they do farther up. chased

Auto, keep at em man. It only takes one cast to make the whole spring worth while.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

That was me in the kayak. I fished from 2:30 to dark and only caught 2 saugers. Tried jig and fathead, hair jig, lipless crankbait, and plastics. The Pulse-R was the only thing that seemed to work.

Boat control (obviously) is more difficult in a yak. Today’s light wind was good, but my speed is pretty much the current speed.

I fished there Wednesday, Friday, and today. Water temps were 34,38,and 39 on those days.

I was in the White Lund by myself and we said hello while down by the confluence. I had no luck at all but the water is still really cold – I had it steady about 36 degrees the whole time. Nice to see there was a little flow but the fish were non-existent. Probably saw about a half dozen fish all afternoon. If we can get the water to hit 40 I think it will be game on.

Lot of shore fisherman up by the dam….I didn’t spend much time up there but didn’t see anyone pick anything up that way, either.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

@kayakguy, were you out on Friday afternoon around the confluence as well? If so we chatted a bit when you first arrived wave

I was getting 36.5 on the Mississippi side and only 33 on the Minnesota.

kayakguy

Yep guys, glad to meet you on the water. My orange kayak is hard to miss. I got that color for visibility, and even still I was almost run over once on Bald Eagle by some guys who weren’t looking where they were going.

I’ll try to get out again this week. There’s a chance I’m headed to the Fox River on Green Bay this weekend. Good luck!

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Stay thirsty my friends.

Attachments:
    1. MEME20180319_132453.jpg

AUTO_5
    Inactive
    Mendota Heights, MN

Andrew, PM sent. Nhamm, yep haha. I don’t always fish cold clear water, but when I do my confidence dwindles. Lmao

mark z
    South Minneapolis

Long time since I logged in. Skunked yesterday and today. Even ran to the dam both days. Nothing there. Did great 3 weeks ago or so just after the crazy water skiers opened up the hidden falls ramp. Been progressively slower each trip. Water temp was 37 degrees then down to 35 then up to 39. Clarity about the same, current up a little but minimal defined current seams except where the Minnesota comes in, (and that is not well defined). Great majority of our fish were caught dragging. Looks like its time to switch tactics and also wait for the current to pick up.

Andrew Hubbard

I caught 6 yesterday in two hours in the evening into the dark with the biggest being 21 inches. All males and they where milking already.

AUTO_5
    Inactive
    Mendota Heights, MN

Anyone been out since Tuesday?

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Nothing caught from shore. All middle day fishing.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Water starting to come up!

Attachments:
    1. pool2.jpg

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Drove by on 35E yesterday about 2 o’clock and there had to be 20 boats by the confluence.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

How has the bite been this week? Anybody doing anything? Hopefully the higher water concentrates them a little bite.

AUTO_5
    Inactive
    Mendota Heights, MN

I am at the confluence on the shore right now and with the strong east wind there are literally rollers going upstream

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

Got shut out from shore last night down by the confluence. 12-15 boats were in the area with some fish being pulled up while I was there. Also fished from shore up by the dam a few days ago and got shut out there too doah

AUTO_5
    Inactive
    Mendota Heights, MN

No fish. Didn’t stay long, as the wind was just a little too much. Current is definitely picking up and the water is getting murkier. There were 3 boats still there when I left and I didn’t see any fish caught. Something has got to give soon. Doesn’t help that the water temp is back down in the low 30’s again.

Johnie Birkel
    South metro

I made it out tonight. Pretty slow, but put 2 decent ones in the boat at the end. Not sure if it was my last move, day light, or plastics that made a diff, but that is what I got them on. Only 2 rigs in the lot when I left at dark at HDFalls. Any one here see me as I was flying solo with a crestliner? Are the other landings open as I saw a few boats at the confluence after work and was surprised how few rigs I saw at HDF.
    It’s time to watch out as the ice and wood is on the MS side now.

AUTO_5
    Inactive
    Mendota Heights, MN

I think I saw you. 16ft gray console flying upstream at about 6:45-7:00pm? There was also a warrior with 3 guys and a gray or black alumacraft I think with a Yamaha. One more boat closer to the north shoreline…

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

That must of been you fishing off the state park side AUTO.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Lots of cold dirty water south of the confluence. Water temp at lilydale was 34. Something up the MN river let loose today. Plenty of big chunks of ice coming down this afternoon. The fishing can get plenty challenging when the water dirties and temps drop. Its still better than not fishing.

AUTO_5
    Inactive
    Mendota Heights, MN

Yes sir it was. I didn’t make much of an effort this evening. Even did some cowering behind deadheads/big cottonwoods lol

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Fished the confluence from shore this morning until around noon and got shut out. Rough morning. Probably around 15 boats and only saw two fish caught. Not much current on the Miss side and I think I needed to find some better current seams. On the plus side brought a new baitcaster out with me and it casted beautifully. That was the positive from the morning. yay

Pat Gallagher

New to walleye fishing in general, especially on the sippi. I’ve spent a lot of time on pool 2 but not a lot to show for it. I live about 8 min from 494 launch and that has been a goto for the afterwork bite. can anyone shed some light on techniques and structure to target??

Thanks

mark z
    South Minneapolis

Fished at the dam from 10:00 until 1:00 today. No fish caught. Tried vertical,
    dragging, pitching to the current seam, jerk and blade baits.
    Water temp was 34.5 at 10:00. Jumped to 35 by 1:00. (Down 5 degrees since last week.) Saw 1 white bass caught. Water is really going over the dam.
    BTW, does anyone know the the link to the Corp of Engineers that gave all sorts of data from each dam? It quit working a year ago. I have the NOAA link but that is downtown ST Paul, which includes the Minnesota.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

How do the ramps look after this snow?

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

USGS

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

How do the ramps look after this snow?

Clear at hidden falls

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.