POOL 2 FALL HOG HAUL 2019

• Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Everything is the same as last year.

Pool 2, Fall Hog Haul and Get Together.

Come join us for the Fall Hog Haul at Lions Levee park on Saturday Oct 5th. This will be a fun and friendly catch, photo, release contest followed with a pot luck cook out on the island at Lions levee park.
    Fishing contest info and rules:

Take off and Finish: Lion’s Levee landing, St Paul Park, MN. Pool 2, Mississippi River.
    Date: Saturday Oct, 5th 2018

Contest Time: 8am to 2pm.
    Entry fee: $25 per person with an Optional $5 per person for big fish pot.
    Boats: Contest is limited to 25 boats.
    Teams: In trying to make this a fun, social contest we allow both 2 person and 3 person teams.

Registration. Registration is the morning of the contest. We will have a table set up for this at the landing. Sign in your team members. Pay entry fee for team and receive control item and boat sheet for recording fish measurements. A quick rules meeting will be held 7:30am in the park on the island. I will be set up at the park by 7am for registration.
    Teams will need to provide their own camera and fish measuring board for this event. Cameras need to have a display so fish photos can be verified at end of contest.

Launch time is at 8am and will be a shot gun start. Boats will stage on the river side of the island as directed for take off. Please use caution during take off. Larger boats watch out for smaller boats. Smaller boats please heed way to larger boats taking off.

Fishing time ends at 2pm. All boats will need to be back to Lions levee and boat sheets turned in by 220pm. Fish caught after 2pm will not count and are not to be recorded on the boat sheet.

All size walleyes, saugers or saugeyes count as legal fish for the contest. There is no size limit for this contest.
    All fish must be caught by legal MN fishing methods. Only one line per person. Illegally caught or kept fish will be disqualified.

MEASUREMENT and RECORDING of LENGTHS
    All fish that are entered in the contest will need to have a length measurement and photo verification of the fish using the following method:

Fish measurement and recording. Fish measurements are to be taken with the nose of fish touching 0 end of measuring board. The fish tail will need to be pinched and centered on the other end of the measuring board. Take measurement to the nearest 1/4 inch. Record this measurement on the provided boat sheet. There is no limit to the number of fish that can be recorded.
    Photo record. The fish needs to be on the fish ruler with head touching 0 side and pinched tail touching the center of the ruler visible on the other side. Both ends of the fish and control item need to be visible in photo. Photos of winning teams fish will need to be presented to judges on Saturday for verification.

Each team will need to provide their own camera and fish measuring board for the event. Please make sure cameras are fully charged and in good working order before contest.

At the end of the contest each team will need to total up their 5 longest fish and add this measurement to the team total space at the bottom of boat sheet. If needed please circle the 5 fish used for the total length measurement. Boat sheets need to be turned into judges by 220pm at Lion Levee. We will be located on the island at the park across from the landing. The top teams will need to present their fish photos to the judges at this time for verification. You must have photos to win. The big fish will be verified at this time also. Award presentation will follow.

Any disputes will be handled by the judges. Any ties in measurements will be broken by the team with the largest recorded fish or coin toss if needed.

PAYOUT:
    Top three places will be paid as follows.
    1st place… 50%
    2nd place… 30%
    3rd place… 20% of entry fees collected.

Big fish winner gets 100% of big fish entry fees.

Please practice good sportsmanship and safe boating practices. Wearing of life jackets is encouraged at all times and is required while on plane.

Judges will be Jon Jordan 651-343-9318. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or problems during the contest.
    Please reply to this post with the team member names. This will help speed along the morning sign up.
    The weigh in and Get Together are open for everyone. Hope to have a big pot luck and fish fry again.

kwp
    Eden Prairie

K. Palmer
    M. Sexton
    M. Burch

Looking forward to it. Great to see familiar faces again.

I hope Dave brings those White Castles again before take off. They were great.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Brad Wallgrave and partner.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Matt Moen and Tyler Birkel.

deertracker

I’m out this year again. bawling I have my 20 year class reunion that Friday. I hope to still be drunk at 8am. coffee woot
    DT

Deuces

Nick H.
    Adam B.
    Mike T.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Nick H.
    Adam B.
    Mike T.

Looks like Tyler and I will take second to last place….you guys want a little friendly wager?

tangler
    Inactive

Nick H.
    Adam B.
    Mike T.

Here comes troubbble.

Looks like Tyler and I will take second to last place….you guys want a little friendly wager?

It’s my birthday, i’m not going to ruin it by throwing my money into your Reata.

Deuces

What kind of friendly you got in mind there?

Perhaps we can move this over to the PM realm

tharms
    Minnesota

Tim Harms
    Chad Kruse
    Kyle Steinfeldt

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Nick H.
    Adam B.
    Mike T.

What were you thinking? Are we able to PM multiple members at the same time? Party line.

buschman
    Pool 2

Ken, I always like your thinking!!! Sliders for breakfast was awesome. Dave, I have a 5 spot to toss in for a few of those if you do grab them again.

John Nesse
    Joe Busch

We will be back to defend our 2nd place title..

kwp
    Eden Prairie

Buschman, you guys are due to win it all…I wouldn’t even think about 2nd place.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buschman wrote:</div>

Buschman, you guys are due to win it all…I wouldn’t even think about 2nd place.

I had to go back and check my pictures… Kendall’s boat is defending champ by 5” over 2nd and 10” over 3rd. And yeah, Joe and I will be defending our THIRD PLACE title. rotflol

buschman
    Pool 2

And yeah, Joe and I will be defending our THIRD PLACE title. rotflol

Crap, your right.. I forgot about team lucky horseshoe in the moon that only catches 5 fish but they are all big ones.

gonefishin

Hi, we’ll be back.

Drew
    Laura
    Phil

To stir the pot a little, anyone have the history of top 5 since this started? Drew’s boat may be top performer over the years. toast

buschman
    Pool 2

Hi, we’ll be back.

Drew
    Laura
    Phil

To stir the pot a little, anyone have the history of top 5 since this started? Drew’s boat may be top performer over the years. toast

I am pretty sure you are correct.. If we were to make things interesting it would be banning all #7 jointed crank baits that day. haha..

Drew Engelmeyer
    Lakeville, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gonefishin wrote:</div>
    Hi, we’ll be back.

Drew
    Laura
    Phil

I am pretty sure you are correct.. If we were to make things interesting it would be banning all #7 jointed crank baits that day. haha..

60% of the time – they work every time.

My boat is king of the low 20″ fish. hah

Pretty sure whatever boat Kendall ends up has a pretty solid track record. My boat has a couple of pretty big misses! doah

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Castle grease was the key to catchin’ last year, hoping for a repeat!!!

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Those white castles sure go well with a couple Busch lattes.

Btw, this is big fish from last year. Caught on a #7 jointed rap! If we ban them I’m screwed too.

Attachments:
    1. 7669A121-5F66-458F-9C69-FB4817E6BFCD.jpeg

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Yep. Dont think I even need to look it up. Drews boat has the record for being in the money.

gonefishin

Ahhhh some of our better years the plastics/jig have done the trick. Last year was pretty much crank bait bite for us.

Don’t think the tourney folks care what bait is used. To each their own.

Dave maze
    Isanti

Dave maze
    Jon holte

Gotta defend last place!

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Just out of curiosity, how many teams were there last year, year before that, and so on?

tangler
    Inactive

Just out of curiosity, how many teams were there last year, year before that, and so on?

I don’t think they’re all in one spot if you google “201x” hawg haul results” you should be able to find a thread for most years.

Here’s last year’s score sheet, 14 boats, 11 showed up.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

24 teams is the most we have had. Around 10 the least. 15 to 20 is pretty typical. It runs about half 2 person teams, half 3 person teams.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Given there is no pre-entry, the better the weather (or bite) the more teams show up. If guys are on fish near the tourney date, they show up. If it’s crappy weather like last year, guys stay home….

For some of us, it’s not about the money. It about getting your name on the trophy! Bragging rights, baby. toast

Let hope for good weather and a great bite!

-J.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

So how is Lions landing since being redone this summer? Anyone use it yet?

tangler
    Inactive

So how is Lions landing since being redone this summer? Anyone use it yet?

It’s just about perfect in my opinion. Both lanes open, decent water level. I launched my little boat without putting a toe in the water last week.

Only bummer is the stairs are still out so a bit of a longer walk up the paved hill.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 98 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.