P4 Pike pitch'in

• splitshot
    Rosemount, MN

Heading to p4 to pitch for huge pike and waste time in the boat tomorrow morning. I have many spots picked. Just wondering if anyone has a recent report? Anything happening? I do have a backup plan that doesnt involve metal bait, but looking for an easy way out. Bringing lots of rods and crawlers too. ….Lazy me🐟 😜. I really don’t care either way. Fun to be out‼️ Not keeping a thing. Hoping the world is at game fair. 😀

splitshot
    Rosemount, MN

I didn’t say I was bringing my Muskie rod/baits – did I?

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Friday nights are quiet. sleeping

joc
    Western and Central, NY

Hi I’m a dedicated toothy critter hunter. I use jerk baits and glide baits. Occasionally on new water I’ll troll. I never heard of anyone pitching for pike what is this?

Your fortunate the big pike in our lake have gone deep to chase alewives for the summer, been that way since early July.

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

In the Red Wing area and further south to Wabasha area of the Mississippi, there are several cold water streams that empty to the Mississipi. These cold water areas will attract large Pike.

splitshot
    Rosemount, MN

In the Red Wing area and further south to Wabasha area of the Mississippi, there are several cold water streams that empty to the Mississipi. These cold water areas will attract large Pike.

I swung for the fences this morning until mid/later day hitting these exact areas, tossing big pike/muskie baits of all kinds and colors all day. I had that exact game plan from the beginning Francis, but thanks for reinforcing it for me. I only had 2 quality fish follow it to the boat and make swings right by the boat, but no fish actually got to see the inside of the boat today. Didn’t find much flowing water from creeks into the river either – and had a harder time finding that cooler water as well. SE wind was driving all the lakes warm water into MN shoreline. Not many people out there for a Saturday so that was nice. Great day to be out on the water though. Although I didn’t score on anything today, I am going to give it another try very soon. I know those big guy’s are out there….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.