Otter Lodge Heater Mod

• bigstick56
    Lester Prairie, MN

Was bored at home and had some materials laying around so I decided to make a sliding shelf for the tub to put the heater on. This is going to free up a bunch of floor space so I don’t have to mess around with a heater in front of the door, or melting line on the heater. This is gen 1, I’ll have to keep an eye on how hot the material gets, but had the heater on for over an hour in the garage during validation stage and it was never super hot…Just thought I would share with the group.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0499.jpg

2. IMG_0498.jpg

CaptainMusky

I know others have done this, but they ended up going back to it out front because in cold weather the holes freeze up. Its toasty where you sit, but that is along ways away from the hole. Perhaps if you had a fan that would do the trick to just keep the air moving?

bigstick56
    Lester Prairie, MN

The fan in the buddy heater is currently working, I also have some cheap-o clip on’s that I was going to hang above it. As mentioned this is Gen 1, going to see how it actually works on-ice this weekend.

Coletrain27

i like to set mine in the middle like shown but right in the sled

CaptainMusky

The fan in the buddy heater is currently working, I also have some cheap-o clip on’s that I was going to hang above it. As mentioned this is Gen 1, going to see how it actually works on-ice this weekend.

This will be cool to see how it works for you. I have a bench seat in my Lodge so I would have to figure out a different option plus I have the mesh cargo nets too. I am ordering one of these rechargeable fans: https://www.amazon.com/Versatile-10000mAh-Hurricane-Stroller-Treadmill-dp-B0858WTYLC/dp/B0858WTYLC/ref=dp_ob_title_home
    The trouble with the buddy fan is the switch always gets bumped and then the batteries are all dead. I converted one of my big buddys to use a 6 volt rechargeable but that battery no longer takes a charge.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

For fan options look into wood stove fans, they run off of heat only, no need for batteries. All kinds on Amazon

Ripjiggen

Should work good just watch out for your elbows. doah

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Thats to much heat for me right there. I keep mine in front in the corners to keep the holes clear. If it was next to me id probably melt

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Same question I had. At 6’4 my wingspan is pretty large. I don’t want to burn my Striker suit.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

Same question I had. At 6’4 my wingspan is pretty large. I don’t want to burn my Striker suit.

They melt pretty quickly. Found that out the hard way doah

Sylvanboat

This is the fan I use. It sits on the rails holding the seat in my Clam flip over. I point it straight up. It pushes the cooler air on the bottom of the hut up and circulates the warm air on the top of the hut down. Keeps my feet warmer and the holes open.

Attachments:
    1. E6A2AA81-8965-47A3-A816-71ECD838DA0D.jpeg

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.