Open water reports

• fishmantim

Noticing some of the smaller bodies are opening up..drove by Twin Lakes in Robbinsdale yesterday and looked wide open..heard from someone that Harrison Bay on Tonka is open also…anyone else have any reports?

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

Don’t have specific lake names, but I paraded from St. Paul, to Fridley, to Woodbury, and then to Eagan just the other day and every lake besides one in Woodbury appeared to be wide open. We’re gettin close.

tim hurley

lake off 35 by Forest was open (clear? Mud?) Valentine was open

I’ve been out of the dnr Boomsite launch on the St. Croix a couple times in the last week, no barrycades. Flow north is fairly reasonable and not too much serious debris.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Up here in Princeton there’s been a handful putting boats in. There’s still some ice on half the lake but I’ve seen a few cruising down the channel. A couple weeks ago a bow fishing boat blasted their way through the ice to the channel.

Bass-n-Eyes
    Maplewood & Crane Lake, MN

Looking at the 10 day forecast there will be a lot of lakes opening up in the near future.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Looking at the 10 day forecast there will be a lot of lakes opening up in the near future.

I hope so, most lakes are just starting to pull away from shore around the Alexandria area. As of Monday there were still people ice fishing! The ice needs to go! bawling

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

There’s still ice on whiskey river.

Attachments:
    1. 512C030B-CEE1-4129-8CE3-33B825B7855C.jpeg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Lake Minnetonka was declared ice free today by the Hennepin county water patrol.

Deuces

My mom reports east rush went out. They moved on the lake about 2 wks ago.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

You stay away from that lake. That’s my territory

tangler
    Inactive

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Butthurt wrote:</div>

You stay away from that lake. That’s my territory

IDO GTG ON EAST RUSH! devil

Bearcat will bring crawlers for everyone!

Deuces

I’ll get the strobe light on the dock setup waytogo

matt

Tonka was not completely out yesterday.Not sure what the big part of the lake looked like.(Wayzata,Browns,Smiths,Excelsior bays)I launched at Maxwell with intentions to head towards Big Island couldnt even get close to the Arcola bridge.I then headed across Crystal Bay to go thru the channel towards Lord Fletchers,wasnt happening either.Was basically trapped in Maxwell,North Arm,or Crystal bay.About 4p.m was finally able to get thru the channel by Fletchers.Some bass,bluegills and a few crappies

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Tonka was not completely out yesterday.

I saw a report by Niccum Docks that there’s still a ton of ice in Wayzata Bay. I drove to Mound yesterday and didn’t see any ice on Gideon Bay, Carman Bay or Spring Park.

B-man

Hit up Green and Little Green in Chisago county for a couple hours with the kids today.

There was ice on them both earlier in the week….

Had surface temps of 46 in the main lake(s) and tickling 50 way back in the bays.

No crappies shallow yet but it won’t be long (Sunday?)

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.