NFL Officiating

• philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Last stats I saw said roughly 20% of drives end in TDs. Neither high powered LAR and NO did scored a TD in OT. KC just needed to play better defense.

You are probably just trolling, but I’ll dig in to this more.

Let me know when you compile the stats and calculate that % for playoff teams, teams that generally have above average offenses, especially when weighting recent years more heavily given the rule changes. Here’s some to get you started:

KC put up .4 TDs per offensive drive this year, NO had .38. I’d bet you are looking at closer to 25 or 30% of drives for playoff teams. So 1 out of 3/4 drives. Not to mention I bet those numbers are higher towards the end of these games as defenses get worn down.
    https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestatsoff

We can definitely go back and forth cherry picking individual games to back our points though! I choooooooose the 2017 super bowl, Patriots versus Falcons, also known as the ONLY super bowl to go to OT.

Patriots receive the kick, march down the field and score, Falcons offense watches from the bench. Game over, super exciting.

17 overtime games in 47 years, that’s about one playoff game every 3 years that would be impacted by a change. Who didn’t want to see Patrick Mahomes get a chance to prove himself in OT with everything on the line? Or vice versa if it would have been Brady?

Dan
    Southeast MN

Hahahahaha.

I hate that MF’er. He’s a piece of trash. Remember last year when the Saints came back against the Vikes and he was all smug and taunted Vikes fans with the Skol chant? Spare me the “get over it” replies. You’re a millionaire Super Bowl winning coach. Maybe act like a bigger man, maybe even have some class as a public figure.

I fully agree Tom. The guy paid money….for his players to illegally harm another man….and yet their wins still count and after his year-long “timeout” he was able to come back no problem.

Now he and the Saints owner are all over the news and TV complaining about the game. Hard to argue, I don’t think any teams in pro sports have ever been the victim of a bad call. Must be the first time.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Not really trolling. I like the college system for college but think the NFL system is fine. Was there 2 or 3 ties this year where nobody scored (maybe FGs back and forth in the MN/GB game) on multiple attempts. Ties are sexy.

Dan
    Southeast MN

https://www.nola.com/politics/2019/01/new-orleans-city-council-crafts-resolution-on-nfl-refereeing.html\

Summary FYI for those that haven’t seen:

Individual people and businesses have paid money for billboards in the New Orleans area broadcasting how they got “screwed.”

The link above is for a story about how the New Orleans City Council is filing a formal resolution “calling for tighter play-review and conflict-of-interest rules in the National Football League.”

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

The Saints are a conflict of interest in and of themselves. Maybe the Vikings should sue for that playoff loss to the pricks.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Individual people and businesses have paid money for billboards in the New Orleans area broadcasting how they got “screwed.”

A giant billboard of Payton “choking” during the Vikes game should be put up somewhere!

Attachments:
    1. screen-shot-2017-12-08-at-1-01-39-am.png

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Don’t settle for field goals in the first half and you win.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m almost convinced the NFL want’s these controversial calls. They have had more of the masses talking about this because of the calls/no-calls than if they would not have happened.

More conspiracy devil devil

BigWerm
    SW Metro

For those advocating for the NFL to adopt College FB OT rules, here’s an interesting stat:

Overtime coin toss winner’s winning %
    NFL: 52.7%
    CFB: 54.9%

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.