New lake map app

• buddah6

Haven’t used this on the water yet as I just downloaded it tonight but looks pretty decent! Not going to compare it to Navionics just yet till I get more time with it. I believe its Lowrances version Cmap Embark. Its in the apple/ android stores under Embark. Looks to be some nice detail etc.to maybe compare with Navionics anyways. The base version is free but can upgrade to premium obviously.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20190116-205229_Embark.jpg

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

What’s up with navionics? First they screw people who bought a “lifetime” subscription by bumping to $10/yr, then $15, and now people say its $30 or something?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

What’s up with navionics? First they screw people who bought a “lifetime” subscription by bumping to $10/yr, then $15, and now people say its $30 or something?

Owned by Garmin now.?.?

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Thanks. I’ll try it out.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

First impressions aren’t great, definately has potential though. Not sure what’s going on with navionics but if they keep jacking the price up they’re going to lose a lot of business.

Charlie Waldron

I got Embark but there was no contour lines for the 3 lakes I fish most. Navionics transfers all the data and stuff over if you gat the new app through the old app. I didn’t have to pay anything either.

Drizzy Musky
    Duluth

Navionics had been woefully inaccurate for me lately. Map will say 30Fow i’ll drill and find 15 FOW.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Well I just downloaded it today. And I’ll report back after fishing tonight

Aaron Kalberer

As of now I like this app a lot, it has most the main lakes I fish, pretty accurate and can be downloaded for offline use if you purchase the 1 year subscription. I was running it on my Samsung tablet for ice fishing until that found its way down the fishing hole… Seems very similar if not the same to lake insight. I found navionics to be lacking for the bodies of water I fished.

Alagnak Pete
    Lakeville

I wasn’t aware of the issues with Navionics until the other day. No contours on my maps and wanted me to purchase new subscription for 14.99 which I did on the spot (at the lake). The app was already on my phone from before- not sure what else I need to do but I still don’t have contours after paying.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

The standard answer to your problem Pete is to look in the lower left corner of your screen and make sure the Sonar Charts is turned on.

Things may have changed so I’m not sure if that’s the correct answer any longer.

Alagnak Pete
    Lakeville

Thanks. I’ll try that- maybe it got fat-fingered on accident.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

3ft contours on Mille Lacs. coffee

$25 per year subscription for Premium. coffee

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I got Embark but there was no contour lines for the 3 lakes I fish most. Navionics transfers all the data and stuff over if you gat the new app through the old app. I didn’t have to pay anything either.

You need to tap on layers and choose contour.

Attachments:
    1. 3BEDC685-A600-4916-B74F-A9BC811B5814.png

Dan Baker

I downloaded the Hummingbird app called fish smart and then purchased the maps for the lakes I fish the most. They are $10 a map, which is steep, but they are the legit lake master maps.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20190117-143346.png

hossfisher

I downloaded the Hummingbird app called fish smart and then purchased the maps for the lakes I fish the most. They are $10 a map, which is steep, but they are the legit lake master maps.

What ya catching on that pin down there in Crystal Bay?? waytogo

I use fish smart; I paid for Big Marine and Mille. If you read the fine print, technically you are only paying for 1 year access. That’s how I read it when it came out. My guess, if they update the map significantly, you will likely need to pony up again. Time will tell. I’d like to get the LOW/Rainy/Crane area, but they have it parsed into fragments so it’s crazy$ for the entire thing.

Dan Baker

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dan Baker wrote:</div>

What ya catching on that pin down there in Crystal Bay?? waytogo

It’s a secret bass hole, so secret the bass don’t even know about it!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.