New Gun Control Bill…interesting read!

• Mike Johnson

WOW!! How could that be constitutional. Love the fines and prison sentences associated with it. Not Good.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

It’s literally not even worth worryinging about. Anyone can introduce a bill. It doesn’t mean it will gain any traction.

Live your lives and don’t worry about it.

Beast

It’s literally not even worth worryinging about. Anyone can introduce a bill. It doesn’t mean it will gain any traction.

Not worrying about it is how crap like this gets passed.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Worry about it if it makes you feel better, but a bill by a lone extremist congressperson will never go anywhere.

bigpike

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Beast wrote:</div>

Worry about it if it makes you feel better, but a bill by a lone extremist congressperson will never go anywhere.

I wouldn’t be so sure under the current climate. Look what happened up in Canada. If that happened here there would be some very upset gun owners

Tom schmitt

I read through this piece of crap, possible minimum 15 year prison for loaning firearm to your under 18 child without informing the attorney general.

Reality this won’t go anywhere. Reality it’s a starting point.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Crap like this concerns me. Having politicians that don’t know squat, don’t even have a clue on existing laws, and creating more laws that impact good firearm owners and does nothing to stop criminals scares me

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Crap like this concerns me. Having politicians that don’t know squat, don’t even have a clue on existing laws, and creating more laws that impact good firearm owners and does nothing to stop criminals scares me

Remember when that Congress woman(?) said something like “ why is it illegal to kill waterfowl with guns holding more than 3 rounds, but it’s okay to kill humans with guns holding 10 rounds?”

Wish I could find that clip…pretty much sums these people up.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I agree, I’m not losing sleep over it either.

Brad Dimond

All bills like this do is whip up opponents and generate cash flow for the NRA. This bill has zero change of passing.

Beast

All bills like this do is whip up opponents and generate cash flow for the NRA. This bill has zero change of passing.

I bet that’s the same thought the people had in other countries like Australia, Great Britain, Canada before their laws got passed.

Brad Dimond

Gun ownership in those countries was not enshrined in their analogues to the Constitution nor was ownership as widespread as in the U.S. Different circumstances, different outcomes.

luckydave
    Cottage Grove, MN

If the only reason for bills like this is to whip up American Patriots and generate cash flow for the NRA–Why the heck would the gun control people want to do that?? Every anti-Constitution bill must be a concern to Americans. The reason for the Constitution is to control the Government, not the people.

Brad Dimond

If the only reason for bills like this is to whip up American Patriots and generate cash flow for the NRA–Why the heck would the gun control people want to do that?? Every anti-Constitution bill must be a concern to Americans. The reason for the Constitution is to control the Government, not the people.

It’s not the reason for the bill, it’s the result. The true believers in gun control who push this crap don’t realize the backlash they create makes passage impossible. As we’ve seen far too many times, Congress and the Executive branch are all too willing to pass legislation or enact rules that are unconstitutional. The Judicial branch is the bulwark against bad laws and regulations. The Judicial branch doesn’t always get it right but their batting average is a whole lot better than that of Congress and the Executive branch.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

The only portion of it they care about passing is the registry. Probably will drop all of the other BS if it means they can have a federal database with who owns what and where they are store. oh and also it will be available to the public. Seems like a nice shopping list for burglars jester

Jim Clark
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I’m more concerned that there is a rum dumb in the big chair, that has been very busy with his ink pen writing executive orders, that needs to please the anti gun crowd based on promises that were made to them during the campaign… He knows that if he doesn’t, there will be a risk that they won’t support for him next time around…

And now, with a Democrat controlled House, and with a 50/50 split Senate, his VP selection would cast the tiebreaker along party lines…

Don’t just pass this off as “it’ll never happen…”, cuz if does, “it’ll be too late…!”

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

oh and also it will be available to the public.

I highly doubt it would be public information Carter. Law enforcement agencies like the FBI and ATF might find it useful at times. I see the point you’re trying to make and yes it would be a target for burglars. Keep em locked up in the safe just as a precaution.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Carter Johnson wrote:</div>
    oh and also it will be available to the public.

I highly doubt it would be public information Carter.

The bill does state publicly available

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The bill does state publicly available

Well that’s not good. Thanks for pointing it out

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.