Need Some Help From the IDO Community

• belletaine
    Nevis, MN

My youngest daughter will be home from school for Christmas and wants to hit the ice.

The majority of my ice fishing is up north by the cabin and once in a while on White Bear due to being so close but the crowds out there…

I’m just looking for some ideas within maybe an hour drive from WBL to take the family for some Crappie/sunny action.
    I’m not asking for any secret honey holes or anything. Maybe somewhere up 35E north? Don’t want to cross the river into sconnie due to out of state licenses.

I greatly appreciate any tips and advice!

Many thanks in advance!
    Scott

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Pokegama? Never fished it myself, but I’ve heard it can be good for both.

Zach Peterson
    Austin, Mn

My parents have a place in Pine City but I have yet to fish Pokegema, always meant to. I have heard good things about it though.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

You’re waking up my sleepy memory! I have heard about Pokegama as well.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Pokegama is a good lake. Big. Not sure if they are driving out. Might want a 4 wheeler. There is a bait shop on the east side of the lake that might be able to help. Thinks its called back road bait or something like that.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Pokegama is a good lake. Big. Not sure if they are driving out. Might want a 4 wheeler. There is a bait shop on the east side of the lake that might be able to help. Thinks its called back road bait or something like that.

Glad to see you replied Mike, I remember you and some others talked about getting out there last year. I’m gonna shoot you a pm a little later .

Also, That 29″ Walleye you got was beautiful!

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

I’ve heard about crappies on Cross near Pine City. Never been on the lake though. We’ve had good sunfish on Rush in the past but the crappies tend to run 9-10″. We’ve had crappie fishing on Little Stanchfield west of Grandy although it has a spring in it (somewhere on the SW side) & current.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Man, people are tight lipped! haha

PM’s are welcome if that better.

Big2thpick
    NULL

My parents live just off of Pokegama and I fish it all the time in the summer. We usaully do pretty good for crappies. I haven’t had a chance to get up there yet this winter, so I would call the bait shops for the ice report.

Peter W

Tight lipped? This is double the responses most posts get!!!! Good luck!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Tight lipped? This is double the responses most posts get!!!! Good luck!

I know Peter, I’ve received some great PM’s from great guys! I just posted something to move it up the list.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.