My Old Fl-8

• lundojam

I got this old war-horse from a guy in the Finlayson Muni for 80 bucks about 15 years ago. I love it. I will never replace it, as it will never die. I am in tune to its nuances and “see” things on it that others could not. It’s magic. It puts the biscuits in the basket.
    Just thought I’d share. Hope all you guys’ flashers work as well as mine does.

Attachments:
    1. S30A02401.jpg

Kent Tau

Wished most flasher would still do that. Nowadays its more of quantity over quality. My flx28 is 2 years old with extensive use fishing mainly outside and has never had any issues yet. IMO if I can 5 years from the unit before any repairs that is good enough for me.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I LOVE my FL8 too. I bought it (and the Marcum case it was in) from a pawn shop about 8 years ago for $115 and thought I’d upgrade once I had a little more jangle in my pocket. Well after seeing that thing take a beating, a few tumbles, a bath or two and still out fish my buddies with the latest and greatest I wouldn’t trade it for any other electronics. If only every machine were as well built and time tested as the ol’ 8!!

Hoyt4
    NULL

Love my 8 it’s Bought when I was 18 years old. It’s been running for 22 years never had to fix anything. Only replaced one battery in all that time. The original battery went forever.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.