MN River 05/12/07

• larry_haugh
    MN

Fishing continues to get better on the MN. Its slow in warming up. Current temps are at 67F and will continue to rise with the sunny warm days.

The Minnesota river was a popular place to be fishing tonight with many regulars from IDA and FM on the prowl for some cats. (Manny I heard you boated a nice Flathead. This Evening Please feel free to post a pic of it in the thread here. Thanks Mate)

Just a word of warning as a reminder. The water is still moving fairly swift. My fishing Mate DTRO had an anchor hang up that would not release, at the last second he gave up some slack…. moments before the boat could have started taking on water. Debris still continues to wash down the river, (lots of floater logs..big ones) on our last adventure last weekend it included getting hit grazed by a root wad about the size of a refrigerator and having to an emergency release on the brush anchor.

Fishing in the dark poses its own set of challenges…. with the water moving fast keep your mind open to all possibilities and make sure your wearing your life jackets.

This Flat the DTRO caught tipped the scale at 22 LBS

I told DTRO that I wanted some channels and he delivered!!!

This Channel was a beauty and a little OINKER. Tipping the scales at 17.14 lbs at 32 length X 20 Girth Not quite of the caliber of MR. Moores but a PB on my part.

DTRO thanks for taking me out last night. The Channel was top water thrashing blast!!!!

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Great fish guys!

I had no idea there were so many boats on the Minnesota last night. There was only one other truck/trailer(which parked in the turn around ) at Shakopee when we were launching, that boat was coming in as we left. We didnt see or hear of another boat as long as we were out (2 am).

I highly doubt that was an IDA’er parked in the turn around at the shakopee access.. if it was, PLEASE park in the lot and have some respect for other anglers!

I’ll leave Manny to give the fishing update.. we would have had a great night if we could get thehooks in fish… but it was fun sending Mr Special messages on the cell phone making him think we were having a phenominal night!

Hi Phil

the_j-man
    St. Paul, MN

Thanks for the report Larry. It gives me something to smile about when I can’t be on the river as often as I would like. I love the pics!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.