Vermillion River in dakota

• Bassman511

I have been wondering where near farmington where I could catch browns rainbows channel cats and carp? Follow up question are there flatheads in there? Another follow what bait/flies for each specie?

jeff-rudy
    Rosemount, MN

Hi Brian and welcome to IDO!! Glad to see you could tag along with your dad last night to take in the BrianK show at the Minnesota Valley In-Fisherman Club Meeting!

I don’t have any answers to your questions, but guess there are several people here to help get you going on the Vermillion River.

If anyone can help out this young fishing enthusiast, please do.

Rudy

Almericus

The cannon river down towards cannon falls / Randolph has a ton of carp and channels. I’ve found using chicken liver wrapped in cheese cloth or thule fabric is a good way to eliminate the sheepies and focus on the cats and also keep the nasty stuff on the hook. As far as flatheads go…. I’m still searching myself. The cannon hasn’t produced flatheads for me at all. I’ve never heard of them there, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t around. Carp seem to be in every waterway so just try a bigger river with worms.
    I’ve heard a lot of guys find trout on the vermillion, but I’m not a trout guy so I have nothing. Good luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.