Wedge Mount Seat Base – Sticking!

• dog2th
    Omaha, NE

I have a 2002 Fisherman with the wedge mount bases and it is a @#$^%! to remove seat pedestals from the base at times. Can I lube the base with WD40 or silicone? Is there something else that makes it easier to remove?

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I have had the same issue on my Lund and I took steel wool and cleaned out the base and then saturated the base and post insert with a silicon spray , after a couple of times it would remove easily.

To make sure I didn’t get any spray on my carpet I used an old wash cloth saturated with the spray.

StonyEye

I have had the same issue. I use Tri-Flow on my pedistal bases, it will leave Teflon behind after it dries. I also will stick a forceps or needle nose to hold the locking tab in while I am removing the pedistal, so that so I can focus more on lifting and rocking the seat pedistal loose with both hands and I am not bent so far over.

dog2th
    Omaha, NE

What is Tri-Flow?

barebackjack
    New Prague, MN.

Same problem, I nudge my toe into it and rock it back and forth while lifting. Its a good feeling knowing they wont come out while Im driving!!!

dslars

I tried silicone and the seats would tip over when you hit a big wave. The best thing I have found is never sieze. a little messy when the seat is out but works great and they dont magically pop out.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.