Lowrance H2O issue

• buckshot
    Rochester, MN

I pulled out my H2O a week ago…it’s old but always worked. I had pulled the batteries out of it a while back since I knew I wasn’t going to use it in a while, didn’t want them explode in there.

At any rate…put new batteries in, hit the power button and it beeps but nothing happens. I can turn the light on so the batteries are fine but the screen just stays blank. Tried powering it up and down a number of times, pulled the batteries out and put them back in a couple times as well. Same deal….beeps like its starting up, can turn the back light on but that’s it, the screen stays blank.

Anyone have this issue and is there any recovering from it or is it time for a new handheld??
    Thanks

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

May not help, but many satellite movements since you last had powered up, it may be trying to locate them? (I know nothing about the satellites) but this happened to my H2O once and I let it sit on the deck…for a long while and it eventually came back. Not sure if it will work on yours Buckshot.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Did you try taking the map chip out and put back in again?

404 ERROR
    MN

Do you have a power cable for yours? If so, try powering it on with that. I am waiting for the day my expedition no longer turns on…

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Do you have a power cable for yours? If so, try powering it on with that. I am waiting for the day my expedition no longer turns on…

X2. It will be a sad day. I think the longest run I have ever had with a modern piece of tech. STILL relevant after all these years.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Did you try reseting it? Google “Lowrance resets” and you can find lists of Lowrance products and how to do soft and hard resets.

SR

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Well….if that isn’t just a head scratcher. So I finally found my power cord for the GPS….plugged it in to the power point in the truck and it powered on just fine. Unplugged it from the truck….stayed on just fine. Powered it on and off 3-4 times just using the battery power and it came on just fine every time and worked as it should.

No idea what the deal was….at least I don’t need a new handheld GPS….even though it’s probably time. My H2O isn’t even color it’s so old. -)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.