In search of a seasonal campsite

• Tom schmitt

Hey all I’m looking for a new seasonal campground for next year.
    I’d like something in Aitkin county near Cedar or Farm Island, or Big Sandy.

I can’t seem to find much on the internet.

Any help would be great.
    Thanks.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Call the chamber in Aitkin request a list of all the resorts. Sit down and call them all. Searching the internet won’t get it done. You need to talk to them.

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

Tom,
    You do have a challenge ahead of you.
    I’m a 20 year member at a seasonal site and have posted many things in IDO’s Aitkin & McGregor area page about choosing one. No, I don’t own the resort but I have an interest as a seasonal camper to keep it nice and family orientated.
    Big Sandy Lake Seasonal Camping 2021

I can tell you at Eagle Point we are reaching the 60 person waiting list to get into a new site. The only other way is to find an existing camper and purchase it. That can also be very tough because they can be sold without ever being advertised. Don’t show up to haggle on price, show up to pay and make sure you meet the owner of the campsite for approval. If you don’t like the camper sell it, just make sure it meets the campsite rules and regulations.

Keep in mind that everyone is looking for help at sites and in restaurants.

This weekend is very key to Seasonal campsites. Go visit and see what type of activities they are having. We do kids events, golf cart parade, cornhole tournament and slippy tippy. A seasonal camper is generally up there to have fun as a family and meet new friends.

Let me know if you have any questions I can help with.

Good luck and if you stop by Eagle Point look me up! My name is Shannon and will be running the kids games and MC’ing many other events.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.